Evening

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

New here, obviously. I'm just getting back into riding as a bit of fun, commuting and cross training for my running after about a 15 year lay off.

Anyway, I'm from the Ballarat area (yeah I know) and have picked up a barely ridden 2014 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29er for not much, Facebook buy, swap, sell site impulse bargain lol. Good base (seems bikes have come a little way in 15 years!) but rather weak with components. Fortunately CRC and wiggle can (and have) help with this.

Anyway, howdy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Be careful around the ballarat trails. This forum is full of warnings about some of the locals...

stirk

Burner
Rotorburn is a good place to do some thread mining and some threads are pure gold so you'll feel right at home here!

Also living in Ballarat I'm sure we will see some spectacular confessions from you soon in the fuck wits thread like your fellow townsman Moorey

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys, I'll have to have a search. I need to do a few upgrades soon too so I dare say I'll find some good info.

The groupset on this thing is rubbish. Seat, post, bars, stem and pedals are already done.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers guys, I'll have to have a search. I need to do a few upgrades soon too so I dare say I'll find some good info.

The groupset on this thing is rubbish. Seat, post, bars, stem and pedals are already done.
Sounds like you need to buy a few things. May as well upgrade to a whole new bike. A dual suspension one. Can I interest you in an over priced out dated bike that wont suit your needs?

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Lol, this place reminds me a lot of another forum I'm on. That's a good thing.

Hardtail all the way for me.

Btw, there's always a way to find a need for something even when it's not needed.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Lol, this place reminds me a lot of another forum I'm on. That's a good thing.

Hardtail all the way for me.

Btw, there's always a way to find a need for something even when it's not needed.
Well if it's a hardtail all the way, I can save you a few $$$.

You deffo don't need an upgraded shock....

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Ha. One thing I don't "need".

It may have been a while, but one thing that hasn't changed is the quality of suntour forks.

Or should I say lack of quality.

Xt drivetrain and brakes for sale or seems, very tempting.

stirk

Burner
Ha. One thing I don't "need".

It may have been a while, but one thing that hasn't changed is the quality of suntour forks.

Or should I say lack of quality.

Xt drivetrain and brakes for sale or seems, very tempting.
If you need a good solid rigid fork for a roadie I have a fairly new 80mm travel suntour fork!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Never ever would I choose suntour. I'm not quite sure how this fork manages to get unsettled on bitumen.

Need to take this on a few trails soon though, just got to get this half marathon on Sunday out of the way.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
If I leave it a couple more weeks will it go up some more?

I could be in for a real bargain here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If I leave it a couple more weeks will it go up some more?

I could be in for a real bargain here.
Not only will it go up in price (value appreciation you know?) but I will continue to ride it with even more disregard for longevity! You can't loose.