Event Management Solutions QLD Gravity Enduro Series

Stinky

Likes Dirt
After a lot of tiral and error, we now have a suitable timing system for Gravity Enduro Stage racing. So its time to go racing.

Sunday August 5th and Monday October 1st (new Qld long weekend) will see riders take to the hills and then pedel thier way back up for the next stage. Details regarding venues and formats will be released in coming days. Like us on facebook to get the ball rolling.

http://www.facebook.com/SEQGravityEnduro

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So Round 2 will happen at Mt Joyce nicely sitting in the NEW Queens birthday weekend and in the school holidays. Make a three race weekend out of it. Race the XC, DH and Gravity Enduro.

Round 1 is still in finalising stages. We have two possible venues both of which will excite everyone, so you will not be disappointed.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
We have some exciting news to announce! When you race Gravity Enduro in 2012 you will have the chance to help support World Bicycle Relief. WBR is a not-for profit organisation dedicated to providing access to independence and livelihood in Africa through ‘The Power of Bicycles’. You can learn more about WBR at www.worldbicyclerelief.org

Sign up early to fundraise for WBR and get your friends, family and workmates behind this very worthwhile cause. You can also put the winnings from bets with your mates towards your fundraising page! Some great prizes will be on offer for the top fundraisers. You can sign up and start now at www.worldbicyclerelief.org/page/outreach/login/individual. Be sure to share your fundraising page on our Facebook page!

Get excited for SEQ Gravity Enduro Racing in 2012 and help share ‘The Power of Bicycles’!

600493_254363184676735_1993475861_n.jpg

Stinky

Likes Dirt
I am now looking at a 1 make race, similar to motorsports where everyone has to ride a WBR bike. (tank on the back is optional) :)

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
This is Great news,

Loved the Gravity Enduro last year, and will be doing these two for sure.

Thanks Event Management Solutions

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
EMSA is happy to announce that Garapine south of Gympie will be venue for event one of the World Bicycle Relief Gravity Enduro on the 5th of August. With a possible third event being added to the series later.

Entries will be available tomorrow with the full official webpage being online in the coming days.

As well as entering to compete, remember to sign up to fundraise on the World Bicycle Relief site. All proceeds from event one are going to WBR as well as money raised from individuals and raffles.

We need volunteers to help clean the trails as Garapine to get them back to race condition and to help out on the day of the event. Those that raced the Gravity enduro at Garapine couple of years ago will remember how great the trails are, they just need cleaning, a little pre-running Wink before the event. If you can help contact EMSA, Downhill_rider, Stinky or myself.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are you going for volunteers for this event?

Also, is the Garapine facility open to the public outside of events?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Volunteers are always welcome. Just contact EMSA if you can help.

Garapine isn't open to the public outside of events. Wellsey I think you live on the Sunshine coast so contact Gravity Club about club events etc that may access Garapine and Kenilworth trails.

BB1

Likes Dirt
Champion effort EMS, this is what I've been waiting for... and I've got an excuse to race as it's for a good cause!

Bring on round 1...

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Volunteers are always welcome. Just contact EMSA if you can help.

Garapine isn't open to the public outside of events. Wellsey I think you live on the Sunshine coast so contact Gravity Club about club events etc that may access Garapine and Kenilworth trails.
Hey Andy what are the grades? My girlfriend is up for having a go but is pretty much a beginner. Is there a beginner grade?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
C grade will be fine for beginners. Most weekend warrior types will have a go at B grade and the racer boys/girls A grade.

When picking a grade remember it is a mix of skill and fitness. When you are racing it is a lot of skill, but you need the fitness to stay at your level for the day.

Remember to get your entries in and sign up to WBR to raise money. The highest money raiser goes home with a nice new Transition frame. Who knows what will be the highest amount raised???

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay guys the first working bee to get the trails ready and a little practice in is set for this Sunday the 22/7 @ 9am at Garapine.

Turn off the highway at the Amamoor turnoff just south of the Matilda roadhouse south of Gympie.

We will clean and prep trails in the morning and then have a play on the tracks in the afternoon.

If you intend on attending you MUST email me and register just incase there is any reason that it is cancelled and so that we have numbers.

andynobleseqmtb@gmail.com

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
C grade will be fine for beginners. Most weekend warrior types will have a go at B grade and the racer boys/girls A grade.

When picking a grade remember it is a mix of skill and fitness. When you are racing it is a lot of skill, but you need the fitness to stay at your level for the day.

Remember to get your entries in and sign up to WBR to raise money. The highest money raiser goes home with a nice new Transition frame. Who knows what will be the highest amount raised???
Cheers Andy

what is the race format for grade c? will they still be doing 6 runs etc?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Generally the race format is the same, for example at Mt Joyce because there is only the three runs on three tracks everyone does the same. But when repeating tracks this might be able to be looked at. After review the conditions of the tracks etc this weekend, we will discuss whether C grade would need to do less that A and B grades.