Evie

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Back in the 2000s I had a Norco EXC 1.0 (2007?) 75 or 80mm of rear travel. Different set up obviously but marketed the same, bit of rear travel to keep the back wheel on the ground blah. It felt and rode no better than an equivalently spec'd hardtail. Hopefully this is gooder.
Oh yeah, much much gooderer. Although extra short, it's proper suspension. All the power transfer of the Procaliber, none of the coccyx crushing impacts.

I played with the rear lockout as I was riding past the @rockmoose chateau, made fuck all difference. This thing is efficient.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Being Bontrager, are we to assume your new dropper pot runs a similar sliding technology to the frame's rear shock set up?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Even roadies have droppers these days. :D

Matej Mohorič (Bahrain Victorious) talked as fast as he descended the Poggio after his Milan-San Remo victory, overjoyed how his secret plan to use a MTB-style dropper seatpost had worked and helped him gain precious seconds on the technical descent so that he could stay away and win the Italian Monument.
"I was going to the race favourites I know and showing off the dropper. They asked me what I was doing with a dropper and laughed but I warned them that if they follow me on descent, it's at their own risk.
"I destroyed cycling once with the super-tuck, now I've destroyed cycling again. Now I think everyone will start to use dropper posts. It'll be one more thing to think about on the bike. It'll be like Formula 1. There was just the gas and brake pedals, now they have hundreds of buttons."

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Even roadies have droppers these days. :D

Matej Mohorič (Bahrain Victorious) talked as fast as he descended the Poggio after his Milan-San Remo victory, overjoyed how his secret plan to use a MTB-style dropper seatpost had worked and helped him gain precious seconds on the technical descent so that he could stay away and win the Italian Monument.
"I was going to the race favourites I know and showing off the dropper. They asked me what I was doing with a dropper and laughed but I warned them that if they follow me on descent, it's at their own risk.
"I destroyed cycling once with the super-tuck, now I've destroyed cycling again. Now I think everyone will start to use dropper posts. It'll be one more thing to think about on the bike. It'll be like Formula 1. There was just the gas and brake pedals, now they have hundreds of buttons."

View attachment 387429
I saw that and giggled. The TrainerRoad podcast have long advocated for it, particularly as one of the hosts is over 6 foot.

I still don't have the terrain for 95% of my riding. YMMV

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Oh yeah, much much gooderer. Although extra short, it's proper suspension. All the power transfer of the Procaliber, none of the coccyx crushing impacts.

I played with the rear lockout as I was riding past the @rockmoose chateau, made fuck all difference. This thing is efficient.
I had the tea and bikkies out. Was all ready to take you bombing down the local gnar, to test out those flex stays.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
No hubris there at all…
Indeed. Maybe it’s lost in translation, but he sounds like a douche.

He was absolutely on (beyond) the limit on that descent, which was obviously his pre-race strategy. He nearly binned it hard twice. Could have gone very differently.