Evie

moorey

call me Mia
Indeed. Maybe it’s lost in translation, but he sounds like a douche.

He was absolutely on (beyond) the limit on that descent, which was obviously his pre-race strategy. He nearly binned it hard twice. Could have gone very differently.
Yep. One crash and he would have destroyed droppers for everyone.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep. One crash and he would have destroyed droppers for everyone.
The UCI cleared dropper seat posts for use in 2014.
Don't know if they would reverse the decision 8yrs later just because the first person to use one crashed.

moorey

call me Mia
The UCI cleared dropper seat posts for use in 2014.
Don't know if they would reverse the decision 8yrs later just because the first person to use one crashed.
But he controls what goes and what doesn’t, not the UCI!
Lost your sarcasm detector?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I still don't have the terrain for 95% of my riding. YMMV
And yet... rear suspension?

All the power transfer of the Procaliber, none of the coccyx crushing impacts.

I played with the rear lockout as I was riding past the @rockmoose chateau, made fuck all difference. This thing is efficient.
You've been drinking the enduro rider's kool aid... Nah mate, it climbs like a hardtail

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I heard some guy who won a 24 hour race in the US (I didn't mean to listen to it, I promise) say that he ran a 120mm dual suspension bike with no dropper as the suspension made a big difference with comfort on the long rides but the actual terrain didn't warrant dropping the seat post. He also rides gravel, so is obviously a progressive thinker.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

You've been drinking the enduro rider's kool aid... Nah mate, it climbs like a hardtail
It was rear suspension or a black bike. YMMV.

Anyway, just got off it after a proper ride on familiar tracks. Well half the ride was, the first half was mainly on tarmac riding the Sender to school. But then I was on trails, and to take from what Ol Mate @Ackland just said, it climbs better than a hardtail.

Ok, so now I'm sounding like a Boomer who's never even seen a dual suspension bike before. Even with the decoupler, the Procaliber still gets hung up on the little bumps and ridges. With only 60mm travel I was expecting to still feel something. But no, the frame soaks them all up. Which makes it much easier to get into a rhythm and crank along. In fact I tried a climb with it locked out and I reckon it was slower.

It's going to take me a bit to get used to the squish. I started with Trek's recommendations and it feels too soft, but I'm not hitting full travel either. I have all the volume spacers so I can have a play, maybe try and get it to sit a bit higher, but I'll give it some time. Apparently the hardtail ride expectations are going to take awhile to wear off.

@Ultra Lord @ozzybmx The XTR is every bit as direct as the Di2 was when it was new. Didn't miss a shift. With the added bonus of being able to pick a harder gear with my index finger, just like the good ol days! It'll be interesting to see how it goes once everything is a bit old and dirty.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Anyway, just got off it after a proper ride on familiar tracks. Well half the ride was, the first half was mainly on tarmac riding the Sender to school. But then I was on trails, and to take from what Ol Mate @Ackland just said, it climbs better than a hardtail.

Ok, so now I'm sounding like a Boomer who's never even seen a dual suspension bike before. Even with the decoupler, the Procaliber still gets hung up on the little bumps and ridges. With only 60mm travel I was expecting to still feel something. But no, the frame soaks them all up. Which makes it much easier to get into a rhythm and crank along. In fact I tried a climb with it locked out and I reckon it was slower.
All I'm hearing here is "I'm a lazy rider who expects to plow" which tracks with the N-Doo-Row crew.
Next you'll be cutting corners/high lining because it's the race line and complaining that you can't fit your 800mm+ bars through tight corners

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
All I'm hearing here is "I'm a lazy rider who expects to plow" which tracks with the N-Doo-Row crew.
Um, OK? Boomer?

Next you'll be cutting corners/high lining because it's the race line and complaining that you can't fit your 800mm+ bars through tight corners
750. About to be 740. Maybe even 730.

How much rear travel did your Niner have again?

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Cool bike, congrats. 36,000km on a frame is pretty nuts, certainly got your value from it!

I also don't understand how this isn't closer to the 10kg mark. Did you get a frame weight?

Keen to hear a review of the Pirelli's, I've got some to try for my upcoming build.