Evil Slacker

Ryan

Radministrator
Anyone else seen this new bit of kit from Evil? The most "why haven't they thought of this before" piece of bike gear I've seen in a long time, a chain tensioner for single speeds with vertical dropouts...

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
I thought of that after seeing your dodgey cable tie job with the single wheel.
I thought that instead of 1 wheel and cable ties, you coulda used two wheels and cable ties.
But then I thought it would sway side to side and get in the wheel spokes, so yours was better.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wish they put a picture of one actually mounted on a bike instead of a drawing cuz it looks interesting

Ryan

Radministrator
Definitely wouldn't get in the way for pedal grinds...only thing I can see is it might not clear some beefy chainstays.

A design like this can't sway side-to-side either creepyjoe, equal tension pulling each way and stuff...it's year 12 physics shiat...I'm sure Socket can step in and explain it better.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking at the design, it would be really easy to make a copy from a wrecked rear derailier and some alloy. might have a go when i swap to singlespeed.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
exactly what i thought, you can knock it up at home

the best things are the simple ones, and this little nift thing looks like its the goods
i like it alot

wombat

Lives in a hole
creepyjoe said:
But then I thought it would sway side to side and get in the wheel spokes, so yours was better.
It runs outside the chainstays to, so I can't see it making it too the spokes.