Evocities series.

I've seen a new race series being advertised in local media.
A xc series between county NSW cities.
Do anyone have an info on the series ?

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
This is a link to the document they used to get a major sponsor for the series (ended up with fairfax media) https://evocities.app.box.com/s/lbaiewrnao1rk9bzd9p4

Gives you a little bit of info into the series. It's more endurance style events than XC and uses existing events for those cities that already have one. Should be a great series.
Hi guys, the series concept is to link all 7 evocities into the richest endurance racing series in the country. Five of the 7 cities already have events of this type (one of those is privately run so Tamworth club is looking to put on another event for this series), the other two cities are Bathurst and Dubbo and were both working up our events for next year.

As Ben said Fairfax have come on board as the naming rights sponsor which will give us great media coverage, other companys look like coming on board to sponsor individual categories. Dubbo City Council have been driving this concept and should be congratulated on what should be a fantastic addition to the calendar.

Last edited:

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Evocities Series - Australia's richest MTB series!

Hi all,

tomorrow sees the launch in Orange of the Evocities MTB series, a 7 race Endurance series built around the "Evocities" in regional NSW, Evocities is a tree change promotion campaign initially funded by the State and Federal Govts, now self funded by the Councils involved.

There have been some changes since my earlier post;

Series sponsorship is now at $80,000 and still climbing, individual races have varying levels of sponsorship as well. This makes it far and away the most valuable MTB series ever run in Australia, the XCM Insurance series was worth $34k

7 races across regional and metro NSW;

Orange 15/2/15
Albury 14/3/15
Wylde MTB Park (Western Sydney) 12/4/15
Bathurst 31/5/15
Dubbo 12/7/15
Tamworth 8/8/15
Wagga Wagga 6/9/15 (series finale and series presentation)

There are some great trails in that mix, and its a great excuse to get out and see more of NSW than most are used to (ie not the coast!). Each race (except Wylde) is club run and costs will be low for them (unsure about the Wylde event, its being run by Chocolate Foot so will be well run)

Series Categories
Open, male and female
Masters, male and female
Super Masters, male and female
Pairs, male female and mixed

So pencil those dates into your calendars and start training! The shortest race will 4 hours, the longest 6 - enjoy!

Last edited:

Ben_M

Likes Bikes
This is awesome, great for those people who live on the other side of the blue mountains (or on them). I hope people get behind this and try out some new venues.

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
First race entries open!

The first race in the Evocities MTB series is now open for entries!

The Ginger Ninja is to be held in Oranges Kinross forest on sunday Feb 15, great flowy trails through the Pine Forests of Kinross and guaranteed to beat the summer heat, Orange is NEVER too hot.

Pairs and singles, lots of categories, great series prizemoney (the richest series in the country at $80+k across all categories) and Rod at Orange always has loads of great spot prizes and giveaways.

Check it out folks

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=2302

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
The first race in the Evocities series was run and won yesterday in Orange, Jason English took out the mens and I cant see the womens results ATM, but will update ASAP

Beautiful weather, tough track, good crowd (250 odd riders) friendly fun atmosphere (well done Rod!), good job all involved.

Next race is April 12 in Western Sydney at the Wylde track, then Albury Tamworth Bathurst Dubbo and finally Wagga - come on out and enjoy some great regional trails

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Evocities Series Round 1 / Ginja Ninja 250

Massive day out at the Ginja Ninja 250, round 1 of the Evocities MTB Series. Once again a super fun course, a little more deliberate climbing this year but it was all made up for by the descending.

It all began very civilised with a late wake-up, a casual breakfast and a gentleman's start time of 10am. Then the screws got cranked down and the trail became just a blur of dappled pine.

Race blog here, FB link.

I'm lining up for the race at Wylde (as part of the single track mind series, however I believe they are one and the same for this race)

I'm expecting this to hurt like a bastard.

If I can churn out 4 laps in 4 hrs I'll be pretty happy

riz0

Likes Bikes
I'm lining up for the race at Wylde (as part of the single track mind series, however I believe they are one and the same for this race)

I'm expecting this to hurt like a bastard.

If I can churn out 4 laps in 4 hrs I'll be pretty happy
If you train you should be able to do 4 laps in 4hrs, especially since you only have to start you last lap before the 4 hrs... There is also a 4hr WSMTB race at Wylde this weekend. You could use it to benchmark yourself.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Looking forward to the next Evocities event at Wylde

Got to love a snappy video from the Chocolate Foot crew too.

[video=youtube;-lBHGZyVe-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBHGZyVe-I[/video]

GeurieMTB

Likes Dirt
Entry link for the Dubbo round

Hi all,

were now 3 races in to the series and its going well, good levels of support and some great tracks to ride. Bathursts new MTB park last weekend is a classic example, great lines, well done Bathurst Trail Fairies!

The next round is Albury, its a 6 hour on June 21, jump on the Albury Wodonga MTB website to check it out.

Then we have Dubbo! 300 minutes (yep 5 hours) of flowy, rocky, bermy, challenging and fun singletrack joy, with river views no less!

The Dubbo race is being held at the village of Geurie (pronounced Gear-y), midway between Dubbo and Wellington, rego is open so jump on board;

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=2491

anyfin

Likes Bikes
Hi Dave, our course is all of those :) If you run tubes, you might want to run an extra couple of PSI in them. If you run tubeless, you might want some sidewall protection. Mostly the course is loose over hard and will be what I would call a fast track :) Ikons are a familiar tire on the hill, and ardent race are another. We have included a new 3.5 klm of single track for those that have been before, It flows, has rocks, fast descents and a couple of short Techy bits. Our track does not fall apart with rain, it holds up really well and with the improvements to the event center all will be good. Race day forecast is for clear skies, -1 to 12 . Hope this helps.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-1 is intimidating for us Melburnians!
I thought last year was one of the coldest days I've ever had on the bike..

Excited for this race though. Nail Can Hill is my favourite track of the VES series