Evolutionary stages

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks guys, lost of help and I think all resolved. I was working off the paper manual that came with the frame, and none of the items were listed/detailed except the steerer condoms...

Flow-Rider...is that from a website that NS have specific to the Snabb? I've been to the NS site on my phone a few times and it loads up as a shit storm...haven't looked there on computer. The safety bolt is a funny but good idea. I guess this bike might be tougher than I thought!

Coke specials...I think you're right. My old craft works bikes used a clamp like number 4 in pairs to cradle the cables. I've also received a pm advising 1 of these items secures the cable solo...so I wasted an hour or so turning the workshop inside out looking for the missing bits.

I'll be getting into this again in a few days time.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Some questions for other NS Snabb frame owners...

This is a pic of all the bits that came with the frame; other than the axle, der hanger, 2 lengths of black tubing approx 25mm long with inside diameter that will probably allow for cables to run inside, and the steerer protector (wierd!).

View attachment 333060

1) this doesn't look like a complete set, especially items 2, 4, and 5. There is not enough of the grommets for all in/out internal holes (item 2). There is not enough clamps for external routing (item 4&5). Am I wrong? Suggestions on obtaining more?

2) what is item 6? My current guess is spacers for running different shock options.

3) i can't find anywhere to screw item 1 into the frame. Do I just drop it in the down tube for added rattle?

4) the screws at item 3 are not long enough for the clamps used of external routing. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance hell yeah for your input to my loose bits dilemma. I am thinking crc haven't included everything and I've left it far too long to hit them up about it.
Hey chigs you've gotten all the right parts and quantities

1= 2 grommets for the holes in the head tube the others are slotted, i'm not going to use the grommets
just cause they look fuggin ugly!
3 cable clamps for two cables either rear brake/rear mech or seat post your choice, I went with rear
brake/rear mech external and seat post internal as I really hate internal routing:tsk:.....OR.....the
2 single cable clamps so two internally routed cables/hoses and one external, maybe NS think that
two clamps are enough to secure one cable/hose on the down tube:noidea: and enough supplied countersunk
bolts to hold the clamps down

2= yep your right, spare bushings

3= please do.................................................................................or just put it in your axle..........

4= your doing it wrong, turn the things over

Steerer protectors woohoo!!!!!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey chigs you've gotten all the right parts and quantities

1= 2 grommets for the holes in the head tube the others are slotted, i'm not going to use the grommets
just cause they look fuggin ugly!
3 cable clamps for two cables either rear brake/rear mech or seat post your choice, I went with rear
brake/rear mech external and seat post internal as I really hate internal routing:tsk:.....OR.....the
2 single cable clamps so two internally routed cables/hoses and one external, maybe NS think that
two clamps are enough to secure one cable/hose on the down tube:noidea: and enough supplied countersunk
bolts to hold the clamps down

2= yep your right, spare bushings

3= please do.................................................................................or just put it in your axle..........

4= your doing it wrong, turn the things over

Steerer protectors woohoo!!!!!!
Thanks for the info (sorry for delay in acknowledgement!). I'd figured most of it, but the assurance feels nice.

I haven't touched it for a while. Got most of it put together, just the finishing touches. Just trimmed brake line. Hands feel so soft...with any luck I'll be riding this thing soon!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Made a move on the final stages today and hit a hurdle.

DSC_1347~2.jpg

Im going to need to work on my power transfer...Will be on hold until I can find a replacement. I've contacted the manufacturer (Da Bomb) and importer (Steve Cramer) in the hope of finding something quickly.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Made a move on the final stages today and hit a hurdle.

Im going to need to work on my power transfer...Will be on hold until I can find a replacement. I've contacted the manufacturer (Da Bomb) and importer (Steve Cramer) in the hope of finding something quickly.
"I think I'll just have one sandwich today, thanks Mum!"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While is fairly confident this is a combination of:
- aluminium that could've been stronger
- a cassette that could've been tighter (though no evidence supports this)
I am prepared to consider the possibility I'm too powerful for mountain bikes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe you should start skipping leg day?
I could include skipping on leg day.

Just heard back from importer...they arent able to help me. I may be seeking the help of a google master to find me an obscure eBay store with the part i need. I'm hoping to avoid buying a whole wheel.