Evolutionary stages

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you're having clearance issues with the bottom guide, why not remove it?
Surely with top guide + clutch derailleur you'll be all good.
You're probably correct, I'm just plenty old school on the chain guide front. One day I may trust...just not yet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You might have more clearance by running a DJ one with the adjustable roller.
It isn't fouling, just really close. I was unable to fit a saint guide. I'm not even sure people still make the old style "flying v" guides on which you could adjust the angle of the boomerang wings.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
If you're worried about the clearance just run top guide. I was running a top guide with non clutched saint rear mech and nw ring on my dually and had no issues dropping chains.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It isn't fouling, just really close. I was unable to fit a saint guide. I'm not even sure people still make the old style "flying v" guides on which you could adjust the angle of the boomerang wings.

I just bought a new old stock Da Bomb one from fleabay but it's an ISCG mount. CRC still sell the Blackspire roller arms on their own but you will need to run a bash plate.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Everybody loves pictures...

The bike in all current glory!

View attachment 334325
This evening i found my travel scales...The moment of truth arrived. I could no longer hide from knowing...but of course the scales are a bit wonkey and I couldn't be bothered with taking my pedals off. The bike weighed in at 14.1kg as pictured above. I thought "bullshit..." weighed the pivot which came in at 14kg, and there is no way these bikes are that close. I weighed again and got 15kg, and again for 15.4kg, and again for 15.1kg, and again...15.1kg. so for now I will assume it is "about 15-15.5kg".

Some self indulgent gram saving is on the way. Mainly in the method of not eating cake for breakfast for the next couple of weeks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
time to give up on the 26" chigs
I can't afford the extra weight!

More so, 26 has no resale value and I've got lots of it on hand. I'll run it all into the ground before undertaking the $$$ of catching up with the modern thing-eeeee-magigeeeee.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've ran plenty of 180mm single crown forks without issue. This is my second 170mm single crown fork. I think it will all be ok.

I'm way too pretty for them to snap.
What are the Lyrics like on the trails, do you have the compression up hard to boost off the jumps and rely on the pop valve setting when you land or set it in the middle for softness.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What are the Lyrics like on the trails, do you have the compression up hard to boost off the jumps and rely on the pop valve setting when you land or set it in the middle for softness.
I haven't owned lyrics for a few years and not ridden these yet, so I'm unable to offer a solid answer yet. However I'll likely just set them up like a do all my other forks, (in the words of my friends) "stiff". I just pump air in til they feel stiff enough for my riding style and size. There is a guide on the leg that helps. Add enough clicks of rebound to not top out and away we go. Lucky I'm a really smooth rider...

The last lyrics rode really well. Travel is plush, legs are stiff, adjustments all work nicely, forks can go a reasonable amount of riding without a service. They are an all round winner.

Weighed them and they were 1.9kg, giving me a 900g saving with the change over.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't owned lyrics for a few years and not ridden these yet, so I'm unable to offer a solid answer yet. However I'll likely just set them up like a do all my other forks, (in the words of my friends) "stiff". I just pump air in til they feel stiff enough for my riding style and size. There is a guide on the leg that helps. Add enough clicks of rebound to not top out and away we go. Lucky I'm a really smooth rider...

The last lyrics rode really well. Travel is plush, legs are stiff, adjustments all work nicely, forks can go a reasonable amount of riding without a service. They are an all round winner.

Weighed them and they were 1.9kg, giving me a 900g saving with the change over.
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun on the Snab.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun on the Snab.
I better! Otherwise I'll be sad. I've had some pretty good times on it thus far.

I weighed it up tonight as well. It came in at 14.6kg. Not a miraculous weight, but good enough for me.