EWS 2021 fantasy league

moorey

call me Mia
Haha that’s a bit harsh. Pretty clear you’ve got to go through the gates but Richie was 4 sec back on the stage - not exactly so slow that you’d throw in the towel, and if you threw in the towel you don’t do it by cutting a random gate and hoping for a DQ, you get off the bike and call it.

Tough outcome and a shame not to see Jacko and Rude battling it out for the title in the last round, and straight DQ for that missed gate (rather than say, 20sec time penalty) seems pretty harsh, but rules are rules and it’s Richies job to know them. Those gates were pretty fucking obvious haha.
Gives him the sour puss ‘I cooda won the overall if…’ defense.
Gates were clear AF for sure. Every racer new it, and clearly the spectators did too. :p

moorey

call me Mia

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
He know. Heee knooooow.
I know he knew. You can see from that insta video, it was a conscious decision to cut the slippery corner.

My argument is why not, as has always been done, just tape the course? You know, inside the tape? Why suddenly, put these stupid ski slalom posts inside the tape?

In his defence, jnr didn't come across as sooky, just took it on the chin, so kudos to him for that.

It would have been good to see them battle to the end though.

moorey

call me Mia
I know he knew. You can see from that insta video, it was a conscious decision to cut the slippery corner.

My argument is why not, as has always been done, just tape the course? You know, inside the tape? Why suddenly, put these stupid ski slalom posts inside the tape?

In his defence, jnr didn't come across as sooky, just took it on the chin, so kudos to him for that.

It would have been good to see them battle to the end though.
I think spooking would have hurt him more. I’ll wager a challenge is being mounted.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Jacko 16 sec back on stage 2, drops to 4th overall 6sec behind Melamed in 3rd. Reckon he knows he can’t lose the overall now so time to play it a bit safe on the slippery stuff and just make it through the day in one piece.

moorey

call me Mia
Jacko 16 sec back on stage 2, drops to 4th overall 6sec behind Melamed in 3rd. Reckon he knows he can’t lose the overall now so time to play it a bit safe on the slippery stuff and just make it through the day in one piece.
For sure. Apparently his shoulder is giving him a bit of grief. Why do anything silly at this point.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Pretty sure it was Ed Masters commenting track side in that Insta story of Rude cutting the corner. The gates were clearly marked to take riders wide of the corner. Riders were also briefed well enough for those trackside to know the rules.
Not sure how much time he would have gained but he clearly kept a lot more speed on the straight line.
However I think time penalty should have been enough rather than a full DQ from the event.
Keep it upright Jack and finish this strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
DQ the smarmy bastard! Same happens in DH if you cut the course and don't rejoin in the same place. Nobody carps on about it.

It was made clear pre race, 104 out of 106 Pro men managed to follow the rules, all 89 other riders across 5 categories managed it. Two riders didn't and they are out, it's not a new rule and the gates weren't wearing disguises.......

moorey

call me Mia
Pretty sure it was Ed Masters commenting track side in that Insta story of Rude cutting the corner. The gates were clearly marked to take riders wide of the corner. Riders were also briefed well enough for those trackside to know the rules.
Not sure how much time he would have gained but he clearly kept a lot more speed on the straight line.
However I think time penalty should have been enough rather than a full DQ from the event.
Keep it upright Jack and finish this strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s hash, and I agree that dead last for the stage would be enough, but it’s not a new rule. With so much on the line, I don’t see how they couldn’t carry through with the threat.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Jack crashed on S2, landing on his recently injured shoulder. He's up and racing but me thinks he'll just ride it out without risk.

Good on him, he deserves the rainbow jersey!