EWS 2021 fantasy league

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I watched some of the EWS insta stories this morning.

Forgive my ignorance, but can the rear wheel spin/drive without any pedal input on these ebikes?

I kind of thought they would have to be pedal assisted only for these races.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Forgive my ignorance, but can the rear wheel spin/drive without any pedal input on these ebikes?

That's the mode you're not meant to see.

moorey

call me Mia

:oops: There’s a ‘walk’ mode for pushing up a steep bit…

moorey

call me Mia
Why do I have the nagging feeling that Jr folded under pressure, knew he couldn’t win, and consciously or subconsciously wanted to take the shine off Jacks win? Everyone non American says there’s no way he wouldn’t have realised the gate was there. Either way, great stage win Jack! Stay upright and have fun tomorrow :)
Edit. The gate in question. Comments for other racers I’m seeing say it was pretty obvious and well understood you had to go inside the gates.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUh7kxTgTaV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Why do I have the nagging feeling that Jr folded under pressure, knew he couldn’t win, and consciously or subconsciously wanted to take the shine off Jacks win? Everyone non American says there’s no way he wouldn’t have realised the gate was there. Either way, great stage win Jack! Stay upright and have fun tomorrow :)
Edit. The gate in question. Comments for other racers I’m seeing say it was pretty obvious and well understood you had to go inside the gates.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CUh7kxTgTaV/?utm_medium=copy_link
But even in that short clip we see two out of six riders miss the gate.

EDIT: okay read the UCI ruling and it was only those two riders out of the whole field who missed the gates, seems everyone else could get it right.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Why do I have the nagging feeling that Jr folded under pressure, knew he couldn’t win, and consciously or subconsciously wanted to take the shine off Jacks win?
Haha that’s a bit harsh. Pretty clear you’ve got to go through the gates but Richie was 4 sec back on the stage - not exactly so slow that you’d throw in the towel, and if you threw in the towel you don’t do it by cutting a random gate and hoping for a DQ, you get off the bike and call it.

Tough outcome and a shame not to see Jacko and Rude battling it out for the title in the last round, and straight DQ for that missed gate (rather than say, 20sec time penalty) seems pretty harsh, but rules are rules and it’s Richies job to know them. Those gates were pretty fucking obvious haha.