F$ck you tyre

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Don’t blame me if it doesn’t work, looks the goods though. Give that tyre hell.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Pretty cool. Certainly a lot more solid than I thought it would be. Hopefully it works. Big ask though as it needs to move the bead 20mm up to get onto the rim....
Cool! Report back if it works!

use the crank bros, crank bros tyre lever, even though it’s CB, it actually works, holds your hand from getting cut on spokes
pushys have it at half price
These are pretty neat. Great for most tyres save for the very stubbornly tight tyre to rim combo.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt

These suckers. Have used them at shops for years and yet to see someone snap one. Also don't look ridiculous and you can carry them with you.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just fought the Battle of Argotal and lost.

I have battled Chuntinental in the past, Der Baron, Der Kaiser... but never have I felt a tyre like this with the DH casing.

Picture was meant to show the 5 broken tyre levers. 2 of which I have had since 2007-8.

The final tyre lever is still alive as I needed it to get the tyre off again, plus a screwdriver.

The rim is shallow and is asymmetric so I do have a plan of attack to get these on. Both beads on the short side.

1 hour of wrangling, my forearm are pinking, fingers are fat bulging muscles after the wrestle, I better go ride before they pack in.

Any tips for getting these on would be great. I've never been defeated by a tyre before.

PXL_20230917_023736978.jpg

ozzybmx

Same technique as with cushcore. It is imperative that you get as much of the bead into the centre of the rim as possible before trying to get that last part seated.
Thats the problem, the centre :D

The valley on these rims is very shallow and offset.

Failed attempt was on the Send II.

Attempt 2, when I get some chunky levers, cushcore bead dropper or something, will be getting both beads of the tyre over the short side wall.

Contis are the tightest tyre about anyway and this rim doesn't help.

jkhgfghjkhkghgf.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Thats the problem, the centre :D

The valley on these rims is very shallow and offset.

Failed attempt was on the Send II.

Attempt 2, when I get some chunky levers, cushcore bead dropper or something, will be getting both beads of the tyre over the short side wall.

Contis are the tightest tyre about anyway and this rim doesn't help.

View attachment 402672
Second and third sentence lol
IMG_4151.jpeg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just fought the Battle of Argotal and lost.

I have battled Chuntinental in the past, Der Baron, Der Kaiser... but never have I felt a tyre like this with the DH casing.

Picture was meant to show the 5 broken tyre levers. 2 of which I have had since 2007-8.

The final tyre lever is still alive as I needed it to get the tyre off again, plus a screwdriver.

The rim is shallow and is asymmetric so I do have a plan of attack to get these on. Both beads on the short side.

1 hour of wrangling, my forearm are pinking, fingers are fat bulging muscles after the wrestle, I better go ride before they pack in.

Any tips for getting these on would be great. I've never been defeated by a tyre before.

View attachment 402670
That tyre looks very, err, dry. Tried some Rubber grease/Vaseline on the bead (including just inside the inner edge)?

ozzybmx

That tyre looks very, err, dry. Tried some Rubber grease/Vaseline on the bead (including just inside the inner edge)?
That may be the dried soap that was sprayed all over it, the tyre was dripping and puddle on floor.

Might rim it with rubber grease on next attempt. Just need new tyre levers before trying.