VIC Fairfield Boat House area track

Staunch

Eats Squid
From many years on experience, you won't get anywhere building-wise in Yarra. Things will disappear just as quick as you build them and you'll simply bring about even more scrutiny to the area further jeopardizing the existing trails.

The thing is though , I know many people won't listen to a voice of reason so if you're going to dig, do shit in secret and not where it's going to be easily found/be a hazard to residents/locals.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
From many years on experience, you won't get anywhere building-wise in Yarra. Things will disappear just as quick as you build them and you'll simply bring about even more scrutiny to the area further jeopardizing the existing trails.

The thing is though , I know many people won't listen to a voice of reason so if you're going to dig, do shit in secret and not where it's going to be easily found/be a hazard to residents/locals.
You see I thought these tails were hidden, and wanted to help out with them, but that's wrong so yeah screw that idea.
I'll get back to your inbox later too, thanks man

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I rode it all today and to be honest the extra building is so minimal. It is right next to a pump track so it cant get any more unnatural. If the rangers are going to freak then the pump track will go too. Storm in a tea cup me thinks- L3ONNEL, would you please not build up the trails any more - thanks mate. Just hit the jumps that are there and leave the berms.

when you see this compared to the major jumps that are built further up stream - it pales in significance.

I seriously cant imagine Parks giving the go ahead to build or authorize trails for MTBs along the Yarra. We need to continue with stealth and consideration and continue to have low impact and great communication with the stakeholders.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I didn't recognize it at first but if that photo is from the pumptrack, definitely don't do anything there at all. We work hard to just maintain the pumptrack to have at least one spot in Melbourne to ride, we really don't need any more attention being drawn there from new shit being built.

L3ONNOEL

Likes Dirt
I rode it all today and to be honest the extra building is so minimal. It is right next to a pump track so it cant get any more unnatural. If the rangers are going to freak then the pump track will go too. Storm in a tea cup me thinks- L3ONNEL, would you please not build up the trails any more - thanks mate. Just hit the jumps that are there and leave the berms.

when you see this compared to the major jumps that are built further up stream - it pales in significance.

I seriously cant imagine Parks giving the go ahead to build or authorize trails for MTBs along the Yarra. We need to continue with stealth and consideration and continue to have low impact and great communication with the stakeholders.
What pump track? And I haven't touched any trails mate, I was simply trying to help out as they are wrecking

Last edited:
massive noob questions, easiest point to access the trails/tracks around this area. just purchased a bike a looking for more places to ride and this is close to me...

Pastavore

Eats Squid
massive noob questions, easiest point to access the trails/tracks around this area. just purchased a bike a looking for more places to ride and this is close to me...
Just get out and explore, they are not hard to find, and there are no maps/signs, and stuff changes frequently.

If you have a strava account, just search for activities in the area.

Have fun!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yt

start at the Fairfield boat house - ride across the pipe bridge hook under the bridge and turn left or right and explore buddy. I see on another thread you have been up Hans Loop end - the trails just continue all the way into Richmond with small pockets of trails up above the Boulevard.
If you ride through the Annulus Flats area you need to sing cabaret numbers to appease the locals.
If you ride these trails you are not allowed on a rigid carbon SS, wear lycra skin suit or call out "strava" at anytime.

Cheers guys will get out on the weekend and have a look! I'm pretty lucky anyway, live 5-8 mins ride from Hans Loop and my GF's place is probably about the same to Chandler HWY bridge to the BLVD etc, so close to both boat houses and all the land around those parts.

NSR

Likes Dirt
Not a brilliant idea to be advertising that there's a pump track there, or where it is. You'll make the trail fairies angry (we wouldn't want that now, would we?).
The guys have put countless hours into said pump track, and although I'd imagine you'd be welcome to ride there (and the guys would be happy to say hello), they wouldn't want it advertised, as it is already a sensitive matter with the council.
I'm told there is a bit of maintenance being performed on said pump track, so the less digging in that area, the better.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Not a brilliant idea to be advertising that there's a pump track there, or where it is. You'll make the trail fairies angry (we wouldn't want that now, would we?).
The guys have put countless hours into said pump track, and although I'd imagine you'd be welcome to ride there (and the guys would be happy to say hello), they wouldn't want it advertised, as it is already a sensitive matter with the council.
I'm told there is a bit of maintenance being performed on said pump track, so the less digging in that area, the better.
never said where it was - not the first thread to discuss the track. i think the general feedback was- ride it, but please no digging.

Last edited: