Falls Creek Shuttles (Blue Dirt) - trailer type

teK--

Eats Squid
I use an inner road tube cut and slid onto the crank (then put the pedal back on). Then a couple of layers of gorilla tape, its never worn through, even at Apollo bay, which rattles the shit out of the bikes.

Also, fuck crank holder trailers, it is a shit low effort solution, that adds pointless damage to ones bike.
Best trailers I've used are the ones at Rotorua. Front wheel hold and with a bungee/clip system that is super easy and quick to secure.

At least some operators like YYMTB have installed pvc inserts to their crank holders which makes them a lot better. The ones who still run bare steel are slack.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best trailers I've used are the ones at Rotorua. Front wheel hold and with a bungee/clip system that is super easy and quick to secure.

At least some operators like YYMTB have installed pvc inserts to their crank holders which makes them a lot better. The ones who still run bare steel are slack.
Not my experience, bikes are positioned poorly if you have a small next to a large bike there is contact. I had a small bike put next to mine at Rotorua (after I loaded so I didn't see it), 3 day old bike and their brake lever scratched the shit out of my top tube.
Wasn't happy. Their system is good just not good for bikes at opposite ends of the sizes.
I'm usually careful, was being extra careful with a brand new bike.
Loaded and took off, the bus then stopped for 2 late arrivals.
Just unlucky I guess, but I didn't trust their trailers anymore.

teK--

Eats Squid
Not my experience, bikes are positioned poorly if you have a small next to a large bike there is contact. I had a small bike put next to mine at Rotorua (after I loaded so I didn't see it), 3 day old bike and their brake lever scratched the shit out of my top tube.
Wasn't happy. Their system is good just not good for bikes at opposite ends of the sizes.
I'm usually careful, was being extra careful with a brand new bike.
Loaded and took off, the bus then stopped for 2 late arrivals.
Just unlucky I guess, but I didn't trust their trailers anymore.
I suppose there is probably no perfect solution?

Although I did see one trailer in Derby with a whole heap of Yakima frontloaders bolted to the chassis. That has gotta be a pretty close to perfect solution if not expensive!

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I suppose there is probably no perfect solution?

Although I did see one trailer in Derby with a whole heap of Yakima frontloaders bolted to the chassis. That has gotta be a pretty close to perfect solution if not expensive!
Yep friend has 6 x Thule classic T2 racks on a trailer, type that clamp over front wheel, only 6 though and expensive to buy.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone have any experience with the newer eThirteen carbon cranks, and whether they’ll fit trailers with crank mounts (particularly You Yangs)?

They’re about the chunkiest I’ve come across, plus running the plastic crank boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk