Farkin pub Crawl-Brisbane MKII

What day?

• Total voters

Matt H

Eats Squid
Hach - are you one of those girls having the heels or flats connundrums right now..? hah.

Suggested places so far:

- O'malley's to start out
- Possibly the bavarian, but its a bit expensive and probably not that suited to a large crowd of mountain bikers

Once we get to the valley:
- Rics for sure.
- Clubhouse at Alahmbra is pretty rad on a friday night, always pretty loud though, so it's probably better suited for later
- Kerbside
- suggestions?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Side note: Other half should be coming and is showing signs of interest in bikes, i expect her to be immensely keen on bikes by the end of the night! Very keen for this but i need to keep reminding myself its not for a few weeks yet. More than happy for a ride before though! Rone i swear i contacted you the last few saturdays in regards to a ride but never a reply

Matt, does Alahmbra sell those pirate pete drinks or whatever there called that tastes like old spice and anus? Never again.

rone

Eats Squid
Side note: Other half should be coming and is showing signs of interest in bikes, i expect her to be immensely keen on bikes by the end of the night! Very keen for this but i need to keep reminding myself its not for a few weeks yet. More than happy for a ride before though! Rone i swear i contacted you the last few saturdays in regards to a ride but never a reply

Matt, does Alahmbra sell those pirate pete drinks or whatever there called that tastes like old spice and anus? Never again.
Still working weekends, plus kids, lawn, dogs and other shit keep getting in the way. Send me a text or PM on here.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hach - are you one of those girls having the heels or flats connundrums right now..? hah.
I'm 5' 1", there's never a question if I don't want to be talking to ribcages all night!

Venue list looks good so far, I might have to meet you in the valley though considering times...

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I vote for a more Pub + Cheap club crawl. There'll be more bike/shit talk going on then shotting cheap vodka and harassing the ladies. Not saying either of those are banned but nomsayin'?

Therefore attire will be "Smart Casual" i.e. Good shirt+Jeans with a decent pair of shoes. No collars, no suits etc. Flannies/skateshoes and the likes won't get you very far unless you're a champ and can convince the door guy you're the next brad pit.

I'm down for a ride before then, Kinda in between bikes but I should be able to rope one together for a pedal.

Ziggy: Riding bikes with the GF is the best thing since sliced bread. :very_drunk:

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I vote for a more Pub + Cheap club crawl. There'll be more bike/shit talk going on then shotting cheap vodka and harassing the ladies. Not saying either of those are banned but nomsayin'?

Therefore attire will be "Smart Casual" i.e. Good shirt+Jeans with a decent pair of shoes. No collars, no suits etc. Flannies/skateshoes and the likes won't get you very far unless you're a champ and can convince the door guy you're the next brad pit.
Agreed! We are going to talking shit all night if the other ones are anything to go by! But lets be honest After O'Malley's/ next pub the plans goes out the window. We end up going with the flow anyways.

I was only kidding about suiting up would far to professional for the debourchary that happens and don't have one that matches my white glove.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bavarian is really good, I went in a group of 15 or so (mind you they weren't getting as plastered as you) so they can definitely do it. But the beers are pretty exxy. You can get liter beers for like $18 though, and they're all imported....

rone

Eats Squid
Bavarian is really good, I went in a group of 15 or so (mind you they weren't getting as plastered as you) so they can definitely do it. But the beers are pretty exxy. You can get liter beers for like $18 though, and they're all imported....
Eighteen bucks for a beer? What is it made from, Unicorn piss?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You get what you pay for with the Bavarian. Tis a good a venue - but not for something like a pub crawl.

rtd

Likes Dirt
I vote we head over to Ric's at some stage. I just remember it being pretty good on the first crawl. Although my friend Dave no longer works there - thus no free shots this time. I'll see if he wants to come along though.

Should we do the drinking glove thing again?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I vote we head over to Ric's at some stage. I just remember it being pretty good on the first crawl. Although my friend Dave no longer works there - thus no free shots this time. I'll see if he wants to come along though.

Yes. .

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Make it the left hand... last time we did this I lost my right hand one

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You get what you pay for with the Bavarian. Tis a good a venue - but not for something like a pub crawl.
Yeah, nail on the head. I went with an Army friend and he burnt through the half liter ones haha. It'd be good for something like an organised lunch, if you weren't kicking on somewhere.