Farkin up the World... one step at a time - COMPLETE

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
A hoi hoi there Rotoburnians....

Spanky has a small request to ask of the rotoburnian community for help!

and it goes a little something like this.....

In the last few years, while spanky has gone riding in the local boondogs he's occasionally runs into Darius...Darius is a HUGE person (read:fat) and probably has the mental capacity of a 7 year old kid... he's on a pension and rides around with a trailer hanging off the back of his bike. Darius would pilot his brakeless, gearless, rust infected, munted huffy round the bush following spanky... chatting aimlessly to himself and the horse (long story)... anyway, recently the Huffy has passed on... well, it has passed on many moons ago but Darius seemed to keep dragging its sorry arse around, but now its completely non functional... when it died, spanky lent him his BigHit to get around on... but, well, other people kept trying to take it off him and the police didn't believe I'd lent it to him... so ended up being a bit of trouble for Darius.... also the hanger for Darius' bike trailer wouldn't fit the bighit chainstay... which was the only thing Darius could fault with the bighit

So (sorry this is so long) spanky saw on Farkin, what he thought would be a good bike for Darius to toodle round the streets on... and he's bought it for him.... now... the bike is in Newcastle... and cause I (yes, spanky's meat sock) has taken on 7 days a week work + study until next february... getting the bike back down to sydney (without spending any more money - spanky won't be asking Darius for money... this will be his Xmas present) is looking to be an issue...and spanky really wants to do something good... well, for once. Gotta start somewhere.

So, if anyone regularly travels between newcastle and sydney and is willing to help spanky out... that would be appreciated. Spanky will be sure to reward everyone involved... with the empty but oily bags from his last chiko assault, or possibly some homebrew.... or you too can just enjoy the warm glow of feeling good ***... knowing your helped Farkin up the world, just a little bit.....

Thanks in Advance.

Spanky Ham and Co....

p.s. if the mods feel this request from spanky is inappropriate, please feel free to lock and/or delete.....

*** Spanky has only heard of this affect....

Last edited:

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see that you are doing something for a mate Spanky. I cant help you what so ever in anyway, anyway. (WTF is with that las sentance - I dose be rulest at the grammar oh, and teh speelings )

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
if the mods feel this request from spanky is inappropriate, please feel free to lock and/or delete.........
If they feel this is inappropriate, they can also delete my account.

Spanky, let me know what the cost is to ship it down. I'd be happy to help!

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Spanky, If your would like I am willing to go up to newcastle and pick it up for you as I am no longer schooling and have many days off, if you can organise for it to be delivered at newcastle station Ill bring it home to sydney for you. no problemos.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where in Newcastle is the pickup?
Where in Sydney does this steed have to be moved to?
When does it need to be done by?

I might be up for a roadtrip. I'm on holidays for another week and can't not help out another biker. Esp this close to Xmas.

I am starting to feel all warm and fuzzy already.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well, this is much more than we'd expected..... :)

all your offer of help are muchly appreciated !!! spanky honestly thought this thread would be ignored.... just like spanky should be.... however.

OK, the bike is in Newcastle at Boysik's place (it is he who has sold spanky the bike).... so, spanky'll contact him for more details... re: location... but he seemed willing to work with spanky... so... mostly good.

The bike is eventually heading out penrith way near the spanky_Dome, but I work in the city...... so something can be worked out.......

When does it need to be done by.... holy crap!! Anytime is fantastic.... before Xmas would be just spankalicious....

Once again.... holy crap, thanks for all the offers!!! This might just work...

will update this thread asap.

s

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thread really brightened up my day, wish i could help but im on the gold coast its great that people are still willing to help other people.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spanky, I will be coming down to Sydney on ~11th Dec, if the bike hasn't been delivered by then, let me know and i'll bring it. I am only planning on going to inner-city, but i'm sure we'd be able to organise something.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spanky,

I should be able to do the run for you next week. Monday and Tuesday are good for me. I'll PM my number to you.

boysik

Pro Rider
For pick up details PM me, bike can picked up from Cardiff during the day Monday to Friday 9-5 or Charlestown after hours.

Cheers.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
A hoi hoi everyone....

well... I think I just saw a tear in spankys eye.. either he's been affected by emotions or that last blast of mace is still affecting him... either way..... HUGE HUGE Kudos for everyone who replied...

sh*t... still kinda.... shocked? Not that spanky thought the Rotorburn Community wouldn't help him.... never thought it could be this easy, this quick and such a response.

BlackSp20.... if you could PM Boysik and engage him in sensible conversations (unlike anything spanky provides) to arrange the pickup next week (flabbergasted..... this might just work).... and if you tell time and place, I'll send the VB box wearing pig off to meet you back in sydney... he'll have a drop of the homebrew for you too... (rhymes!)

Spanky hasn't told tell Darius about this bike..... but spanky might drop some hints tonight if I manage to see him tonight...... Oh, and once again.... thanks everyone....

s

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're even more charitable than L.Ron Hubbard.:)

But seriously, that's a seriously good deed!

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spanky, I have PM'd Rick and I should pick up the bike some time over the weekend. As a bonus we live in the same suburb!
If you want to PM or text me the address where you want it delivered and a suitable time between 11am and 2pm on Monday or Tuesday, I will make sure it arrives safely.

+1 for the Spanky Claus and Darius on the bike pic.