FAST BIKE BOX COURIER FOR INTERSTATE DELIVERY?

stump

Likes Bikes
HI GUYS ANYONE USED A GOOD COURIER FOR A BIKE BOX DELIVERY INTERSTATE AT REASONABLE COST??

REALLY APPRECIATE IT

CHEERS

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
E-GO WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME WHEN I WAS LOOKING TO GET A BIKE FROM INTERSTATE.
PRETTY CHEAP AND QUICK. GIVES YOU A FEW OPTIONS AND THEY HAVE SOME LOCAL DEPOTS.

NOT SURE WHY WE'RE YELLING

Z

Zaf

Greyhound Freight is also a good option, I found recently that the prices have shot up MASSIVELY on services like PacknSend. Greyhound got the bike frame I just sold from Alice to Melbourne within a week at about $60 with tracking.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Greyhound is usually the cheapest but in my experience not necessarily good tracking, nor the fastest option.

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

Greyhound is usually the cheapest but in my experience not necessarily good tracking, nor the fastest option.
Yeah, I heard as much from this latest parcel as well!
The tracking was still showing in Adelaide when it was delivered in Melbourne. Speed on this occasion was fantastic through.

The price was significant too. PacknSend was asking for $250 for the parcel.

Z

Zaf

You can option it in, default is Depot to Depot. The $60 quote I gave was Depot on sending and door on delivery ends.

madstace

Likes Dirt
I've previously used Sendle to ship forks off for servicing interstate and they were awesome. Really professional, had their shit in one sock and price was way cheaper than any other options. Obviously forks are smaller than complete bikes but worth a look.

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
Anyone else use e-go for shipping a bike? Horror stories, or good experiences? They seem cheap, but not wanting to put my bike through hell to save a few bucks.

Cheers all.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
e-go depot to depot is the safest way to ship a bike. Only goes onto one truck if you use the main depot network.

Highly recommended.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
e-go depot to depot is the safest way to ship a bike. Only goes onto one truck if you use the main depot network.

Highly recommended.
^^^I tried the weird shaped deal to send stuff with austpost (If they cant't cube it they only send by weight) but now I only use e-go for whole bikes, frames and larger stuff.
Their depot to depot is best/ quickest/ cheapest if you can get there during working day.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thread dig !!!!

Any other preferences for Interstate shipping since 2018 ?

Got any new favourites ?

My Santa Cruz buyer has contacted my local 99-Bikes, they have said, yeah, we can inspect and ship ! Awesome... booked in for the 8th December :oops:
Now looking to send to him direct.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
A dude sent a frame to me (Melbourne) from Adelaide on Monday last week using Pack and Send, it arrived on the next day (the Tuesday)! Cost $120 insured.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A dude sent a frame to me (Melbourne) from Adelaide on Monday last week using Pack and Send, it arrived on the next day (the Tuesday)! Cost $120 insured.
Cheers, its the only one with an insurance option, looks like ~$200 with Insurance, which is ok for next day delivery.

E-go is a lot cheaper but no insurance.

PJO

in me vL comy
I've used Pack & Send to get a frame delivered from WA to TAS and also one from VIC to TAS. Always just got them to deliver from depot to depot, not sure if it was cheaper just worked better for me.

Insurance charge was 2% of the item value.