Stuff to Blow Your Mind
Dr Karl
CSRIO Pod
The Naked Scientists
All in the Mind
The Science Show
Future Tense
NYC Radiolab

spotted a few others in this thread to add to my list!
Cool. A couple there I need to check out I reckon.

moorey

call me Mia
Okay. Having listening to a few more GB podcats, I have to say that:
1. the content is great, but the way in whcih the podcast is made needs a lot of work;
2. simply recording a chat between three to four people, does not make a good podcast;
3. GB (and maybe the Non Prophets) really need heavy editing (too many akward silences and clumsy transitons from one topics to another [too many non sequiturs]); and
4. better direction (in the sense of directing a movie) and/or a firm plan about what the show's content will be.
If the content is good, then it will improve over time. It's still very new, and everyone's early podcasts are pretty shite.
Ill give them a stab.
Non Profits can stumble when they try to go outside the realms of atheism. When I want news/politics (and I LOVE US lefty news and politics podcasts), I'll listen to young Turks, David Packman, Rachel Maddow. Or The Bugle is awesome for a hilarious UK leaning. John Oliver (writer for the daily show), is one funny fucker.
If you haven't already heard any, look up some 'religion themed' Best of the Left episodes.

workmx

Banned
If the content is good, then it will improve over time. It's still very new, and everyone's early podcasts are pretty shite.
Ill give them a stab.
That is true.

Actually I was thinking about sending them a short and polite "love the show, but..." email. 'Cause It would be so much better with higher production values.

The other thing that is noticeable is the lack of spontaneity that the Atheist Experience has...But GB is not a call-in show, so that is acceptable.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Havent seen anyone mention "This American Life" yet, though I didnt read too hard aha.

I like it, its the only one I listen to though...

moorey

call me Mia
Havent seen anyone mention "This American Life" yet, though I didnt read too hard aha.

I like it, its the only one I listen to though...
I mentioned it......sort of.... 'Radiolab is like a sciency 'this American life''
I like it, download it, but don't always listen to it. Bugs me that they almost always say "this story first aired back in 2007...." I imagine that most of what I've heard will be repeated soon. Great show though.
Definitely check out Radiolab (NWYC's Radiolab). Similar style of storytelling, but unmissable. The recent ones on "colours", "sleep", "patient zero" and "falling" and fantastic.
Chop chop!!

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering via which method most people get their podcasts....like subscribing via iTunes?

I was using iTunes but having just restored the computer back to scratch have to go find and re-subscribe to everything. So just having e a think about alternate methods or weather everyone just does it via iTunes.

workmx

Banned
Stitcher is good for subscribing to podcats for those who do not use iphones/pods/pads...

Otherwise download the MP3 right from the podcast's website (can do this for Answer Me This, The Atheist Expereince, Dr Karl, Godless Bitches, et al).

moorey

call me Mia
Stitcher is good for subscribing to podcats for those who do not use iphones/pods/pads...

Otherwise download the MP3 right from the podcast's website (can do this for Answer Me This, The Atheist Expereince, Dr Karl, Godless Bitches, et al).
I just wifi them from the iTunes app. Search for them to get them into phone, then once you have them on there, use "get more episodes" to update. I never download and sync via iTunes anymore.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ITunes app....I didn't even think to look to see if there is an iTunes app for android! Searching in GooglePlay brought up DoubleTwist Player, sounds like a nice itunes replacement app to try on the phone. Thanks guys! And you've given me a few ideas to try otherwise (like Stitcher)

The ipod nano is getting old and I was hoping to give it to my Husband to hook up to the Mazda3 since it came with a stupid 3mm jack and a 3mm to usb cable doesn't seem to work with the usb stick that has his music in it......well yet to see if the cable works with the ipod though, either way not much point shelling out for a new ipod just to have it plugged into the car really.

Worst case scenario I can use the software discs that came with the phone to sync iTunes stuff to it, but it seems to treat podcasts like songs so I'd have to go to the extra effort of making a playlist with just new podcasts in it, which isn't too bad but compared to just plugging in an ipod it means having to keep track of what I've listened to and what I haven't.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
'The Minutes' and 'You're Welcome' by Patience Hodgson and Mel Buttle - good to have playing in the background, just 2 girls talking shit and giving advice to people about an array of crazy situations.

Dr Karl on triple j - have to listen to Nova FM at work, so never hear this talkback program live, so I download it and listen later.

Andrei

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Joe Rogan Experience
Duncan Trussell Family Hour
The Bryan Callen Show
Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express