Federal freecoaster + 3piece axle?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18757

At the moment I have a Federal freecoaster (The one with the KHE Reverse internals). The bearings are ALWAYS dying, so I was wondering:

Is it was possible to put a 3 piece axle into my Federal hub?

If it is possible is it as simple as just taking the old axle out and puting the 3 piece axle in? If not can someone please type up a guide on how to do it? :p

Would I have to replace any bearings to make the 3piece axle fit?

Any help appreciated.

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh pretty sure you just take your axle out and put the 3 peice axle in. its just the same but instead of the axle going right through it only goes just past the bearings then axle studs screw into it.

you might need the washer things though.

and im not sure about the bearings.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
The 3 piece axle will replace the one piece without any issues.
You don't need to change any bearings or get any extra washers, its a perfect fit.
Just make sure you don't do the drive side stud up tight as that'll put pressure on the driver bearings the same as it does with the one piece.

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apologies for the gravedig, but decided not to make a new thread.

As the Federal hubs have the same internals as the KHE Reverse, I'd assume that a 3 piece axle would also fit the same. Anyone know the whereabouts and price of a 3 piece axle for a KHE Reverse?

Cheers.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Apologies for the gravedig, but decided not to make a new thread.

As the Federal hubs have the same internals as the KHE Reverse, I'd assume that a 3 piece axle would also fit the same. Anyone know the whereabouts and price of a 3 piece axle for a KHE Reverse?

Cheers.
Danscomp.
Not too many Australian stores seem to stock them, but im sure you could order them in.
you guy the studs and centre axle seperately.

DANCLOSH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you can buy the studs from strictly, so im sure they could get the middle axle part aswell, if you emailed them.
Any bike shop should be able to get them though...