Fellcrag Vids

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Thanks to air extraordinaire Ty we have our first hosted (farkin hosted, not pinkbike) vid!. Footage was taken from Fellcrag on sunday (yesterday) and comes in two flavours... small and large

Fellcrag - Round 6 - 2003 - Small
<a href="http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewlinks.php?
mode=jump&link=11">Fellcrag - Round 6 - 2003 - Large</a>
UPDATE: Fellcrag - Round 6 - 2003 - New Re-Edited Version, 19mb.

EDIT by Belly_up: I'd like to add that all my photos from yesterday (60+), are up as well in the photo section of the site. If you have any comments, would like a full size version of any of the pics, or if you are able to identify any of the riders, please let us know in this forum thread.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I've already watched it about 4 times... it actually cut into some of my 24 viewing :(

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
just as an indicator, we're coming upto 100 downloads now and about 1GB of traffic

Ty

Eats Squid
guys i'm uploading th re-edited version, it's about a minute and a half longer, with new footage, tighter editing and better music - IMHO - so its your call if you want to post it up, it'a about 19 mb but it's the same quality as the larger version of the first video only longer

- bigger and better -

belly_up

Likes Dirt
downloading it now to take a look, i tried at work, but our 16mb connection decided to download at 1.5kb/sec, so i came home :D Now downloading at 26kb/s on adsl.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
I like it! nice to see the extra footage from the rock gardens, i never got to see anyone fast go through there on the day. The music is good too, although i was pretty keen on the music in the first one as well, but that might just be me. Does the program you're using only spit out .wmv files? cause avi's would be nice, then we could DivX them, and keep the res up and the size down. If not, doesn't matter, it's still a cool vid, and i reckon we'll put up a link to it for those interested, unless you want to make more changes first?

Ty

Eats Squid
well if you wanted avi's of anywhere near the same quality they would have to be about 40+ mb i just found that wmvs are the best quality to size when dealing with end of the spectrum, but they make the video look slower (a little bit), i'll have a play around and see if i can get a decent avi out of it

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Is that 40mb for a plain old non compressed avi?

40mb of DivX, for a 4 min movie should get you a full screen DVD quality picture. At least thats what i've found when ripping DVD's, about 10mb per min at full quality.

Anyway dude, whatever suits you is fine with me.

Cheers for the good work :D

i'm going riding...

Belly_up

Ty

Eats Squid
i'm trying to encode in DivX Pro 5.0.2 codex formatt, i'll see how she goes.

Ty

Eats Squid
wow, thats insane, i didn't expect that many people would be interested in downloading a vid of our local race scene (let alone something that i produced)

DOM

Eats Squid
when you local race scene consists of
Jared, Mick , Chris, Rennie

people will d/load it .. almost like a norba vid.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
at last... people are just about finshed downloading the vids... i was beginning to worry we'd use up the months traffic quota in a couple days..

19mb - 484
11mb - 191
6mb - 127