Female ride group Grays Pt (NSW)?

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Bit of a random question....

A while back (maybe a year) I saw what looked like an organised group of beginner girls with an instructor/guide riding the Grays Pt/Loftus trails.

Does anyone know if this exists? Or maybe it was just a random group....

I ask this as my wife is keen to have a bit of a pedal with other girls at the same skill level etc...

Cheers,

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Thinking it might be possible that it was this meet up group: http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Bike-Adventure/

I met a few of them out for a ride at Westleigh a few months back, plenty of girls riding in the group and seemed like most were from around the Shire area. Might be worth keeping an eye on the rides they post. Even if it wasn't the group you saw, they'd be great for your wife to ride with as they cater for beginners and intermediate. I think the group leader also does MTB skills clinics for a price if you're into learning that way.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Silentrevolution.com.au

Check out http://www.silentrevolution.com.au/. My wife did one of their skills clinics at the RNP and the group rode in the area you are talking about, it may have even been that group. There are also beginners social rides organised on this site as well.

chica

Likes Dirt
last year we ran a beginner skills course at the National Park and a interm one at Ourimbah. As some of the guys above have mentioned there are plenty of girls on the SR website from the shire, of differing skill levels but all are very lovely and encouraging. We may run some more skills sessions this year so let your wife know to keep checking the website.

PS thanks Grant for your kind words, you do an alright job yourself at building and maintaining trails!

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
last year we ran a beginner skills course at the National Park and a interm one at Ourimbah. As some of the guys above have mentioned there are plenty of girls on the SR website from the shire, of differing skill levels but all are very lovely and encouraging. We may run some more skills sessions this year so let your wife know to keep checking the website.

PS thanks Grant for your kind words, you do an alright job yourself at building and maintaining trails!

Redskins

Cannon Fodder
Chain reaction at cronulla run a woman's mtb ride once a month in the RNP leaving warpath at 7am on a Sunday morning.teaching how to ride off road , lots of beginners do the ride and absolutely love it. It's done in conjunction with Liv- Giant.
Call the guys at the shop and they will be able to let you know when the next ride is on.
I know some ladies who have done this ride and enjoy the ride together.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Contact The Bike Shed Mortdale they have just started womens MTB skills rides
Chain reaction at cronulla run a woman's mtb ride once a month in the RNP leaving warpath at 7am on a Sunday morning.teaching how to ride off road , lots of beginners do the ride and absolutely love it. It's done in conjunction with Liv- Giant.
Call the guys at the shop and they will be able to let you know when the next ride is on.
I know some ladies who have done this ride and enjoy the ride together.