Few Pics of Moony Riding with the CHUNKED topcrown/stem...

shortass_0_7

Likes Bikes
Went out with Moony today and took a few pics of him testing out the new stem/topcrown.. hope use like them.

coments.....

MOONY...

CHUNKED.COM.AU

Enjoy!

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
Again mate i love your work:p:p:p:p:p

How did he like that stem? Looks sexy as and wouldn't mind getting one if their not too pricy;)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i sould commission you to come take photos of the crown im testing down here, noone i ride with takes pics let alone decent ones, and the ones i have dont do justice to simons work

the next two shots are a weght comparrison, simons chunked pre2010 boxxer crown in at a staggering feather weight of 200g even (thats including all stainless hardware, TI or alloy will lower weight further) Ti bolts come in next week so will have enough stock to do 10 bikes worth of crowns

this the comparrison, a bench mark if you wish, standard boxxer low profile crown, with E13 direct mount (again this is including all stainless hardware, for an even comparrison to the chunked crown)

Last edited:

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I've got one on my Fox 40's, and love it! Such a nice piece of work.
Hoping to get some pictures soon...

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Farkin nice looking top crown/stem! in a couple of the shots it looks like you would only be able to raise the fork legs so much before they hit the bars, could this be a problem for people who like their front end as low as they can go? again, an unreal looking stem!

Last edited:

simplesimon76

Likes Dirt
Farkin nice looking top crown/stem! in a couple of the shots it looks like you would only be able to raise the fork legs so much before they hit the bars, could this be a problem for people who like their front end as low as they can go? again, an unreal looking stem!
Yeah they do interfere with the bars, but I have addressed this issue. it seems that later model bikes are coming out with 1 1/2" steerer tubes that run internal bearings bring the entire cockpit lower, making handle bars interfere with the flat style top crowns. He'll have an updated crown coming soon.

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Yeah they do interfere with the bars, but I have addressed this issue. it seems that later model bikes are coming out with 1 1/2" steerer tubes that run internal bearings bring the entire cockpit lower, making handle bars interfere with the flat style top crowns. He'll have an updated crown coming soon.

Thanks for the reply mate, just thought i'd put the question out there.

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the boxxer one has a slight angle much like the standard unit but much better, the whole feel of the cockpit is tighter, smaller, alot more feedback and responsive, and the lower bar clamp means i wouldnt have to pull the forks through to get a more aggressive position

todd28

Likes Dirt
now im not old by any stretch, but "chat" what the hell does that mean
It means it doesn't look very nice.... nice shot NK.. new stem looks good in pictures, wouldn't of noticed it if it wasn't pointed out. How much do they retail for?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wouldnt have noticed it bacause its only in raw? mine is environmental green, it stands out like dogs balls, and when i get the revised second edition it will be BOS red to match the rest of the BOS gear. ill have some better shots when ive got not bent forks.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
which one, the BOS or the boxxer? and there is a fox one too, i was just sent pics of the new version, think some will like it a bit better, not as flat surface

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Nice photos mate, loving the bike too.
Just wondering, is your D3 green on one side? I thought that they only came in blue and red?