STOLEN Fiend Embryo 20.7 - ACT

Bike: Fiend embryo 20.7
Colour: Dark Green
Date it was stolen: 4th of November 2016
Where it was stolen: ANU Campus, Acton, Canberra
Specs:Fly bike tyres, Fit bikes stem, Fly trebol front wheel, Colony free coaster wheel Eclat pedals, Fly cranks, Colony menace sprocket, Subrosa bikes seat

14908313_1468339486512983_9148448876020504800_n.jpg

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
No need to delete mate, a happy ending is always nice to read.

I work at ANU and had the facilities folk tell me that they didn't approve of me having my $4k bike kept in my office. I suggested that I would more than happily gather the statistics regards bikes stolen on campus and review their 'security' arrangements for them and that we could then have a campus wide discussion regards bike security. My bike remains in my office whenever I ride.

Security on campus is a joke when it comes to bikes. Cages are not a security device, especially when tucked away from observation and passing foot traffic. Bike racks are not security when not in plain view of people or under clear observation (just put dummy cameras in if need be). We had a bike stolen right out the front of our building during the day with the use of an angle grinder. An absolute joke.

wayneh

Likes Bikes
Sadly the local low life find the local hardware shop a real boon when looking to acquire tools to steal bikes( battery powered grinders etc), seems the crims are better equiped than some builders these days
My local council have bike cages in a couple of car parks, even when they are locked bikes still get taken.