POS fifth empire

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep :)

picked it up last night.

rode it all morning in the mud :)

see this?? yeh i'm sorry... i let hardtailers down.

looks like i crudded myself lol

action photo (more in phat snaps)

spec (for the nerdy people)

frame - tuff alloy one i found at the tip!!
forks - long white ones with space invaders on them, they change length!!
bars/stem - white ones. truvativ
grips - ones with a little clampy thing
brakes - cool as powerful disc brakes!! juicy 3s
shock - nice one with air n stuff.
gears - realy realy horrid ones!! (sram)
cranks - black strong ones
chain keepy on thingy - a good one!
tyres - it came with dodgy kenda nevagals but i got a flat in less then 15mins, minnion FTW
wheels - sun equilizer with jumping flee hubs
seat/post - light strong cool
pedals - they got a V8!!!
weight - 14ishkg

its heeepps sicck loozzorrs omg!11!!!

(i can put up a more usual spec list if you like)

its all bog stock atm cept for the tyres!

the gears are going to be replaced with some lovely shimano stuff

the ony other thing i may upgrade is the brakes

so how does it ride?? awesomely! it feels small like a hardtail, its got a very agreesive feel to it, like whenever you get on it you feel like attacking some jump or berm lol, bit hard to explain.

5 inches up the back and between 4.something and six.somthing front it can feel like a dj bike or a dh bike depending on the forks.

gotta go now but i will update with a longer term ride report one day.

for now i will have fun thrashing it!

Attachments

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
Hey man a mate of mine has one of these they are so nice to ride, but u should put your seat up a bit cause he flat landed and his seat post hit his shock and that didnt work out to well for him.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the Empire is one of the best bikes Norco has come up with yet.

Can not beleive though you rode that thing into the dam straight away. :eek: Certainly has had it's fair share of use already. :p

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Sweet man, yeah- ditch the qr on the seat asap, last thing you want is for that to slip onto the shock. No idea why they didn't put a lip there like on the dh bikes.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet man, yeah- ditch the qr on the seat asap, last thing you want is for that to slip onto the shock. No idea why they didn't put a lip there like on the dh bikes.
arr ok i wondered why they said to put the seat up, i cut a ton off the post anyway.

it set me back quite alot less then it would set most people back!

but usauly there around $4000ish or $3500...

btw i was guna come down to rocky on the weekend but it didnt happen (forgot to pay my car rego:eek: idiot lol)

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
sucks to be you. Was a great weekend. :p

Come down for the 6hr, something different.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha yes... $850 later i can tell mr rudd i invested my money right back into the economy:rolleyes:

mm nah i'm "running"* the shop for the next few weeks so i'm not going anywere.

*figure of speech... more like i'm running around trying to keep everything going and everyone happy, had a freeking freek coming in n ringing me up all morning threatning to rip peoples heads off :S

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
sweet bike man ive always liked them ever since i seen my first ine hows it ride compared to the hardtail? also how are those forks going ive heard a few bad things about them overall sweet bike and have fun with it

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what it looks like now, slx brakes/drivetrian, fox vanilla forks, only done one run on the forks and the spring was too hard but they felt good, put softer springs in them and was going to do heaps of runs yesterday but i rolled my ankle so i couldnt :(

let my mate ride it yesterday instead, he recond it goes nicely so i will have to wait and see

Attachments

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Looks good Rohan, just curious as to the weight of it now since it's got a similar purpose to my build.

I still think blue rims and pedals would look good.:p

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not really sure on the weight, i'll let you know.

blue straightline pedals (caus i havnt ridden anything nicer yet) but i like black rims, mayb somthing abit stiffer tho like mtxs.

and some lower, wider bars, but none of that is happening for a long while.

i added up how much money i have spent on pushys in the last 4 years and its over $15 000 :S