Fingerless Gloves, what is good?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Need some new fingerless gloves. The current ones i have are getting very old, and think they are too sticky, they start wearing out my Lizard Skin bar tape within 2000km (or is that normal?)

Anyone have a go-to glove? Currently have ones with loops to make taking them off pretty easy, don't think these are common though?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Gore Bike Wear gloves, little bit more expensive but will outlast any brand IMO.

Depends how you grip your bars and if you 'wring' at the tape with your palms while riding. I have lizardskins 2.5 currently on 2 bikes and have a new roll ready to install on my R3, its got about 6000km on it and is only peeling at the edges in one place (both sides).

scblack

Leucocholic
The best quality ones I have are CAPO ones - very good fit and are tough, in that they hold the hands tight for good control. If I was doing a crit, they are what I'd be wearing.

Also top quality are my Santini GreenEdge team gloves. They are much softer and would be better for a long ride as they cushion better. But I feel they squirm more and a bit less ultimate control than the Capo ones.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't worn fingerless for ages but I used to like the Castelli and Pearl Izumi brands with the gel inserts.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ihave some pearl izumi's tht I wore out after maybe 1000km and some castelli ones that have round 3-4000km on them, looking worn, but still going strong.
I sweat a lot and it's pretty corrosive (my bare aluminium GT zaskar is all etched from it), but the Look bar tape on my Look is like new after 5000km.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
My favourite pair are Adura from about 1993 and almost still going strong. Nothing else will ever be as good.