Fire Sale Cyclery Norwest

Dicky

Punter God
Cyclery Norwest fire? (Sydney)

Watching Ch 10 News a few minutes ago - a major shopping complex fire occurred north of Sydney last night. The first storey was shown well ablaze, with the ground floor being home to a store named Cyclery Norwest.

Hadn't heard of the store before, but just wonder if someone's got some more news?

Hope the shop's OK...

wtr

Likes Dirt
It was quite a heart wrenching experience watching it late last night, hopefully they are insured.:(

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
its one of the bike shops in Castle Hill...

not sure on the extent of the damage....but recognise the shop from a recent visit.....they had some nice toys in there....

ozelise

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately that's my LBS. Run by Dave Shuttleworth, fairly new, opened earlier this year. Looks like the hobbyshop upstairs caught fire, with its glue/solvents etc. Hopefully Dave's shop is OK.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I caught that story also and noticed the Avanti signage all over the awning. It looked pretty intense! Hopefully everything is covered by insurance and the store will be back stronger than ever.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have not seen news or any footage, but this shop is two minutes from home.

Shall have to check it out on the weekend.

Damage to the shop is very extensive, there was about 12 fire trucks dumping water on the fire which started upstairs in the hobby shop. Most of the damage is smoke and water, parts of the ceiling started falling in from the volume of water.
The building is ratshit, no roof, power, water, and there is talk of a possible relocation - if the insurers dont right off everything.

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Sorry to sound like a vulture, but how much you reckon bikes will stand-up to water and smoke damage? Of course I hope the Insurer will cover the damage.

From what I seen on TV, the hobby shop upstair is totally burnt out, the bike shop downstair was filled with smoke but otherwise not on fire.

scblack

Leucocholic
Sorry to sound like a vulture, but how much you reckon bikes will stand-up to water and smoke damage? Of course I hope the Insurer will cover the damage.

From what I seen on TV, the hobby shop upstair is totally burnt out, the bike shop downstair was filled with smoke but otherwise not on fire.
New bikes have to be in perfect condition. Would you buy a new bike thats been treated this way?

Sure, they may clean up OK, and be perfectly rideable, but as store stock, they are virtually worthless I would guess.

synrgy

Likes Dirt
New bikes have to be in perfect condition. Would you buy a new bike thats been treated this way?

Sure, they may clean up OK, and be perfectly rideable, but as store stock, they are virtually worthless I would guess.
Can still be sold as factory seconds......

Drizz

Likes Dirt
^Yup & Yup (Not the bad pun though)^

Or the insurer pay the claim and auction off whats left.

Scblack made a good point. Any bike on sale will probably have no warranty of any sort so any discount receive might be offset with the lack of warranty for part failures.

pez

Likes Bikes
I just picked myself a sweet new ride (albiet a bit smokey)...
Specialized Enduro, Fox 36rc.DHXair.juicy's. etc etc for a very, very good price. With warranty!
Makes me happy indeed. The guys are dealing.....

Plow King

Little bit.
Drove past today, The top floor is basically gooooooooooonnneeeeee.....

Hopefully the insurerd covers the damage! :eek:

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watching Ch 10 News a few minutes ago - a major shopping complex fire occurred north of Sydney last night. The first storey was shown well ablaze, with the ground floor being home to a store named Cyclery Norwest.

Hadn't heard of the store before, but just wonder if someone's got some more news?

Hope the shop's OK...
Yes mate, there are other stores out there.;)

Best of luck to all the guys involved at the store in Castle Hill...what was it calld again...?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I got $400 off a rather nice roady from the guys at Norwest Cyclery. They are basically taking 20% off everything.