Fire Warnings

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'm a bit to the left of the circle. Did you hear where, how or why two people drowned in Berowra Creek last night?
Nothing solid as yet. I would have thought crosslands (location of drownings) was closed with the fireban. Seems like a late night swim gone wrong... 2 dead, one pulled from water in serious condition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Nothing solid as yet. I would have thought crosslands (location of drownings) was closed with the fireban. Seems like a late night swim gone wrong... 2 dead, one pulled from water in serious condition.
Cheers. The clip I saw on the news didn't give any details except Hornsby & Berowra Ck. I thought maybe they were canyoning in the gorge, but there wouldn't be any water in there at the moment. Drowning at Crosslands can only be achieved by non swimmers.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Twitter says coppers are asking for a complete evacuation.

Not there, only know what I'm reading.

Christopher Knaus

Just a little update on the situation in Eden.
There is some conflicting information coming out about evacuation advice.
Police and the Bega Valley Shire Council are telling people to leave to Merimbula or Bega immediately.
But the Rural Fire Service says no evacuation order is in place for Eden.
We’re trying to get some clarity on this as we speak.
Whole thing is scary as shit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I doubt the navy would have pulled info town if they weren't expecting to take on passengers.

The south coast of NSW is some crazy shit right now!

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Just got out on the bike a did a 18km lap around my end of the world. There’s bigger all people moving about, very few cars on the roads also. It’s deathly quiet really, no lawn mowers going in the distance, nothing.

The Monash Air Quality Station. It’s less visible than when we had the epic AQI reading earlier in the week.

Lake Tuggeranong - normally this time of day (13:30ish) it’d be pretty busy on the bike paths and so on.

Down the road from my place in the Monash wasteland

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Just got out on the bike a did a 18km lap around my end of the world. There’s bigger all people moving about, very few cars on the roads also. It’s deathly quiet really, no lawn mowers going in the distance, nothing.

The Monash Air Quality Station. It’s less visible than when we had the epic AQI reading earlier in the week.

Lake Tuggeranong - normally this time of day (13:30ish) it’d be pretty busy on the bike paths and so on.

Down the road from my place in the Monash wasteland
How the lungs feel after being out in that?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I rent a near 40 year old run-down house in the houso end of dingy neglected suburb. There’s the same air inside as outside. So getting out really doesn’t change much.

That said took my time and didn’t really work up any great level of exertion.
I imagine it was kinda fun too. Surreal out there! The dogs got very demanding for a walk this morning, but were happy to come back after 20 minutes. It was bizarre being out there, but our eyes were stinging.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I rent a near 40 year old run-down house in the houso end of dingy neglected suburb. There’s the same air inside as outside. So getting out really doesn’t change much.

That said took my time and didn’t really work up any great level of exertion.
that doesn’t sound fun at all. We’ve sealed up as best we can, but also renting older house... I was just in the shed for a bit, it was still a bit better than completely outside!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
We rent an old crappy house too. We have been pretty vigilant on keeping things shut up. I also have a cheap s/h window box AC unit i got on scum tree a few years back - its been a lifesaver. Not just for the coolth, but it seems to be half decent at rinsing smoke out of the air in the house.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
We rent an old crappy house too. We have been pretty vigilant on keeping things shut up. I also have a cheap s/h window box AC unit i got on scum tree a few years back - its been a lifesaver. Not just for the coolth, but it seems to be half decent at rinsing smoke out of the air in the house.
Yep, since we can't use the ducted evaporative cooling - the portable AC is keeping out lounge livable.