Fires!

Good luck to all the blokes and ladies out there fighting these monstrous fires. I really feel for all those people who have lost their homes and in many cases their lives. The firies are doing a great job in these shocking conditions. I think the only thing that has stopped fires on the western side of the state is because it all went up a couple of years ago. Again good luck and keep safe to all those involved.

new guy

Likes Dirt
We had fucking arsonist neer my house in emerald (on the golf course to be presise) around 5 oclock..

Fucking retards what would entice someone to burn peoples property and put many lives at risk??

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
My step dad just spoke to Scott owner of Long Gully, i can confirm everything has been destroyed except the house and main shed, sad that so many have lost their lives

James

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
just read that the death toll is now up to 35, thats fuked, i so wanna help the fire fighters!!!!!

notso

Likes Dirt
We woke up this morning at the camp site at the bottom of Buller and visibility was down to 100 metres all the way back to Yea. Pretty eerie. Got the fuck outta there pretty quick.
All roads heading south from Yea are closed too.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Thats fucked! Churchill, Granton, Narby, Long Gully, all gone. Warby, Barjarg, Yack, Stanly all under threat still.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know where the Beechworth fires exactly where? Near the mtb park or something??
The MTB park isn't directly threatened at the moment , the fire is south east of Beechworth. I wouldn't hold much hope for Mt Stanley though. Its highly likely part of the DH track got burned last night , the rest may go today or tomorrow.

As far as I know , Yack track is safe at the moment , though there have been a few fires near there since last weekend. Anything is possible in the next few days.

jmurphy

Likes Dirt
Just another pic of the fires, its gay as that the main venue for downhill out this way is gone, but it will be back, better than ever!!!!!!!!

James

lawno

Likes Bikes
wasnt me mate, and the fires have passed already through that region, from what i know!!!

oh... in that case hust watch yourself, the trees dont hold up well to being burnt!

Is anyone goin up as a relief crew or as a new strike team to the redesdale fire? if anyone is come to the portable ops station at the redesdale hall and look for a helmet with Towan on the back

Riedy

Likes Dirt
just on the news they said the death toll had rissen to 36 people and up 640 houses have been burnt down. Its a dam shame, i just hope that the toll doesnt rise any more

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
once again should have not said it, but its a touchy subject with me..

and clearly you cant delete any more..

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
As lame as it might sound, my band is trying to set up a benefit festival to try and raise a bit of money to donate to people who have lost property or family. I know we won't put a dent in it, but hopefully we can help a bit. We've contacted a few promoters and venues, hopefully we get a bite.

Can't believe people would inflict this on others...(arsonists).