Fires!

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the people who lit these fires need a kick in the dick( thats if they have one) and if they get caught im gonna kick em in the dick!:mad:

lawno

Likes Bikes
Keep your head up sawtell.

|Matt| Great idea about the benefit. Get it cranking for the community!

lawno, I'm heading up in a strike team from Bass Coast overnight sometime, don't know where to, but if I keep an eye out for your helmet, keep an eye out for one with 'Donahue' on the back, lost yesterday.(Not mine!)
I think that you misstook that, I wanted to meet up with some farkiners and I wasnt gonna say "look for the guy in firefighter uniform"... I've just got news that the Redesdale fire is under control and they are in the middle of blacking out now, no further striketeams will be sent there (I'm just praying to god that i dont get sent up to king lake at the moment!!)

J()nny

Likes Bikes
Anyone needing information about family or friends give the State Enquiries Hotline a call: 1800 727 077. They are very helpful.

To the CFA lads, just wondering what communication between the relief centers and the frontline is like? The lady I talked to said there's a chance people may have reported to the brigade as ok, but the information might take a considerable amount of time to come through to the centers.

frostbite

Likes Dirt
I was at the beach at Lochsport over the weekend (friday-today) and while we didnt see the fires themselves, we got smoked out. It was absolutely surreal, being in the water and seeing half the sky bright blue with white clouds and the other half grey and dark.

I really feel for those who've been affected by this. Its absolutely horrible. We listened to ABC radio 828 on AM dial and some of the people who called in made me want to cry - lost friends, properties, wondering where family was. Tragic stuff.

Lube

Likes Dirt
Bunyip is now under control, or at least not running hard anymore. R8 Strike Teams are now returning and there is no need for further deployment at this stage. Alert was downgraded around 3pm this afternoon.

Miranda

Cannon Fodder
Fires at Yarra Glen

Hi Shredder DJ,
I saw your photos on the fires at Yarra Glen and am requiring some information.
I lived at Yarra Glen nearly all my life until I married a queenslander 19 years ago.
My parents had a farm called Happy Valley which is at the end of Smedley's Lane. Mum rang tonight to say she had heard a rumour it had gone up in flames. There was a house near the top gate(as we called it when we were kids) which used to belong to McIntoshes( who have long since passed on)
I suspect it was the house you have loaded onto the net. It used to be the only house on smedley's lane.
My parents sold Happy Valley over 10 years ago and it was turned into a winery by a South Australian.
Mum also told me she had heard there was a fire in Symond St. My brothers and I had a house in that street three years before I left for QLD.
I would be grateful if you could tell me if Happy Valley was burnt out.
Many thanks
Miranda

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
Just want to give my condolences to a the people and there family who have lost a love one and who’s home been lost in the fires.

I think that this is the most important thing!!

:(

notso

Likes Dirt
officially 76 people are dead ash Wednesday was 75 i think, very sad.
Ash Wednesday was 47 dead. Unfortunately this is the biggest single loss of life in the state's history.
Shocking stuff.
Thinking of heading out to Whittlesea tomorrow to see if they need a hand with anything. Not sure if I'd be a 3rd wheel though...

sam705

Likes Dirt
Confirmed dead: 84!

I was watching that new show tonight called 'Sunday Night'. They had a good story on the fires and were talking to a hero who helped an elderly couple escape the inferno, the reporter proceeded to ask this man as to why he did it?

What a stupid question.

Hud

Likes Dirt
Confirmed dead: 84!

I was watching that new show tonight called 'Sunday Night'. They had a good story on the fires and were talking to a hero who helped an elderly couple escape the inferno, the reporter proceeded to ask this man as to why he did it?

What a stupid question.
A bit like "how do you feel now that your house is burnt and you've lost everything"?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Sky News on pay tv has pretty good coverage of everything, have it switched on if you constantly want up dates ;)

indica

Serial flasher
Here in Bendigo we were very lucky.
Two kms from our house the fire crossed Eaglehawk road, before that in Maiden Gully 50 houses went. If it had crossed Eaglehawk road at full tilt, hundreds of houses would have gone.

We were lucky, condolences to those who weren't. :(

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
the worst thing i seen on the news, was they were filming a reporter infront of a car, she was talking for a good 5 minutes on and off, then at the end, she says,
"the body of an elderly lady, still lies in this burnt out car, her crockery on the passenger seat, one can only imagine that it was part of her fire plan"

show some fuckin respect.

there should be a name and shame, on any one involved in arson. name addresses, work place, should all be listed. if the fire at steels creek (just out of yarra glen), which claimed my cousin's, his girlfriend, and her brothers life, as well as 4 others was deliberatly lite.. i will not kill the person who did it, but i will kidnap, and beat the shit out of them every day. for the rest of their life.