Fires!

Lube

Likes Dirt
Back at work 30 minutes after arriving home today, still there now :D
No rest in a time of need, boss needs me and he state needs us.

Cheers man

mtbdh_girl

Likes Dirt
One of the forgotten bushfire causes...

People who want to help can also donate to

HELP FOR WILDLIFE who need money, animal cages, blankets, towels as they go in to rescue animals.
PH 0417 380 687 or Sue Kirwan on 9438 5709

lawno

Likes Bikes
Lube, i feel sorry for you but i also envy you!! My captain isnt letting me go on strike team at the moment! i want to help but i cant! its driving me insane...

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
herd on sunrise that these is some bogus charities how low is that for some one to be taking money from donating people. arsonists should be charged wit manslaughter.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I honestly could not believe my eyes and ears as I watched the Channel 9 news last night. My heart goes out to those who have lost homes and family and friends. I was mostly gob smacked at the fact that they fucken blabbed on for 10 whole minutes telling viewers about the death of that Channel 9 news reporter from 20 years ago. How bloody disrespectful can you get! They went on telling about his life, his family, how he had just recovered from a sons death... far out! Every person's loss is equal, and in no way did they need to go on for so long about that 80's reporter. I believe he was 80 when he died, at least he had lived a good live. What they shouldn't be doing is making that more important than the loss of an entire family, kids, parents and all.

I'm very sorry if anyone is related to that reporter, but I really didn't think they had to go on for so long about him. I am so sorry once again to those who have lost friends and family, and I am so grateful to all of the firefighters and volunteers. Tasmania has barely any firefighters left - they have all gone up to fight. Good on you, I hope you all make it home in one peace.
Actually dude, he was on air up until last year.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i heard briefly, 300+ people in marysville are still un accounted for.. alot of them woud have actualy fled to stay else where in melbourne and so on, but they assume a lot of them were caught in the fire's.

this was from a good source (cfa member) ...

if it is true.. deary me things will be getting ALOT worse with the death toll :(

spoony

Likes Dirt
I am nestled between Kinglake, Bunyip/Gembrook, Healsville(sp :S).

None of them are threatening me, the healsvile one is the most serious for me, the forest it is burning in ends about 800m from my place. But winds at the moment are in our favor.

Anyway here are some pics I snapped of Yarra glen through to coldstream through to kinglake today from my place.

The below is very close but not threatening I do not belive.

I'm not a photographer or anything, not looking for C+C or anything like that, just thought I would show you ;)

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
i havn't heard anything all day, how are the fires everywhere?

i think the ones in my area are easing, as i havn't even smelt smoke for days (thankfuly)

but all the Tv channles are out besides 10, and their useless.

i no alot of people that have lost it all, and a few lives, its just a tragity,

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Which could be the case, we probably will never know... Bastards...
Could be, but arson causes such blanket, indiscriminate danger that it seems unlikely. I'd be inclined to think that it was more just setting fires for whatever reason, that then got way way way out of hand due to extreme weather conditions and big piles of fuel.

allan_key

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

to start the fire which started on saturday was something out of a horror movie, this fire was moving so fast with so much intense heat that it caught alot of people unprepared.

This might help people so ill post it up, from what i know the fire has come down as far as mitions bridge in st andrews and gone across the buttermans track and skyline road (connecting onto yarra glen - kangaroo ground road)

(This is just the st Andrews end of the fire)

In kinglake centeral the following are destroyed:
Service station,
fish n chip shop + shop next to it
old estate agents
vets
pizza shop

the Iga has been also damaged.

the front of the pub has been damaged by looting also.

Kieth street off the old glenburn road most of the houses on and around this area have been destroyed, my place being one of few left standing.

footy club has been saved along with the primary school behind it.

Most of the houses off kestral lane in kinglake west (opposite the primary school) have been saved with no deaths reported in this street.

saddly all the houses in national park road have been destroyed along with the DSE base as well.

this is most of what iv seen first hand,

Yesterday i saw something that distrubed me quite a bit, we where working up on a certain rd in st andrews (name with held) which was hit very hard with quite a number of deaths which the police have rightly made crime sence, a helicopter landed in a perticular propperty with a news crew and a local acting as there guide the propperty they landed on was a crime sence which still contained the bodies they procided to film and interview this local about the area and the deaths in the house, this propperty and family was well known with in the bridage i am a part of which makes it personaly effect alot of the crew that i was working with. What makes them as reporters have the right to disobay police tape and instructions not to intrude into crime sence this act discusted me as a fire fighter and as person i was shocked to think that this "great story" these people where filming was a result of someone's death and really felt for the faimly who would have to endure watching it.

Police where called and the film crew and guide where arrested and had all equipment conficated, i do hope the police throw the book at these people for there shear disrespect for these poor people and there family.

Sorry but this really disgusted me that someone could do that, It was a channel 9 new crew and chopper btw.

Anyone in the area who does need a hand feel free to give me a yell for anything at all i am more then willing to lend a hand

Michael

Kirbs

Banned
Everyone should donate. You can find a link on the Red Cross homepage. Collect a gold coin donation from everyone at work or something, Help people out. We had a gold coin fundraiser and I gave 10 bucks.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Hey all,

to start the fire which started on saturday was something out of a horror movie, this fire was moving so fast with so much intense heat that it caught alot of people unprepared.

This might help people so ill post it up, from what i know the fire has come down as far as mitions bridge in st andrews and gone across the buttermans track and skyline road (connecting onto yarra glen - kangaroo ground road)

(This is just the st Andrews end of the fire)

In kinglake centeral the following are destroyed:
Service station,
fish n chip shop + shop next to it
old estate agents
vets
pizza shop

the Iga has been also damaged.

the front of the pub has been damaged by looting also.

Kieth street off the old glenburn road most of the houses on and around this area have been destroyed, my place being one of few left standing.

footy club has been saved along with the primary school behind it.

Most of the houses off kestral lane in kinglake west (opposite the primary school) have been saved with no deaths reported in this street.

saddly all the houses in national park road have been destroyed along with the DSE base as well.

this is most of what iv seen first hand,

Yesterday i saw something that distrubed me quite a bit, we where working up on a certain rd in st andrews (name with held) which was hit very hard with quite a number of deaths which the police have rightly made crime sence, a helicopter landed in a perticular propperty with a news crew and a local acting as there guide the propperty they landed on was a crime sence which still contained the bodies they procided to film and interview this local about the area and the deaths in the house, this propperty and family was well known with in the bridage i am a part of which makes it personaly effect alot of the crew that i was working with. What makes them as reporters have the right to disobay police tape and instructions not to intrude into crime sence this act discusted me as a fire fighter and as person i was shocked to think that this "great story" these people where filming was a result of someone's death and really felt for the faimly who would have to endure watching it.

Police where called and the film crew and guide where arrested and had all equipment conficated, i do hope the police throw the book at these people for there shear disrespect for these poor people and there family.

Sorry but this really disgusted me that someone could do that, It was a channel 9 new crew and chopper btw.

Anyone in the area who does need a hand feel free to give me a yell for anything at all i am more then willing to lend a hand

Michael
You're absolutely right in being disgusted at it. The tabloid media crews have been completely heartless througout this fire. All I hear on the news (apart from 774's coverage which has been quite good from what I've heard so far) has been about how the "townships have been closed off and declared crime scenes because many bodies still lay in the street."
For Christ's sake, we know that people have perished in possibly the most horrific circumstances, is there really need to go into that detail?
Simply saying the towns are closed for police operation and saftey reasons would surely suffice. Show some respect.

PS. Tip of the hat to you Michael;)

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My kids are pretty young but they have money boxes which have four or five slots (like giving, living, saving, wealthing etc). This will be a fine opportunity to teach them what the "giving" slot is all about, even though the youngest (4yrs) won't understand.

Even if you can't give much, give something because it all counts. I guess it's something more people "want" to do but don't always get around to it for whatever reason. Just do it, $5, $10 or more. I haven't done so myself, I'm waiting for Hubby to get home in the next few days so we can decide how much we can afford to give.