VIC First annual Arseclown 6h

moorey

call me Mia
Did about 25km of leisurely gravel on the road that goes around 3 sides of our block. 22kph with 250m elevation was a pleasant change.

Raked in about 150m of new single trail on a flattish spot to give a little rest section after a climb, and before a twisty descent. Walked it to get a new track measure. Now 2.1km.

Interestingly, I got a more accurate elevation reading. Runkeeper always flattens the course, as it only seems to read your locations every 5 seconds or so, so if you’re on undulating terrain, it doesn’t pick up all the small rises or even tight corners. Walking allowed it to read more accurately and a loop is now showing 85m, instead of more like 50 when riding. (21 laps have 870m, averaging 41m a loop. I knew it was more than that, but surely not double….I might have to get Felix to run a strava loop tomorrow to see if I’m being gipped badly.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did about 25km of leisurely gravel on the road that goes around 3 sides of our block. 22kph with 250m elevation was a pleasant change.

Raked in about 150m of new single trail on a flattish spot to give a little rest section after a climb, and before a twisty descent. Walked it to get a new track measure. Now 2.1km.

View attachment 380442

Interestingly, I got a more accurate elevation reading. Runkeeper always flattens the course, as it only seems to read your locations every 5 seconds or so, so if you’re on undulating terrain, it doesn’t pick up all the small rises or even tight corners. Walking allowed it to read more accurately and a loop is now showing 85m, instead of more like 50 when riding. (21 laps have 870m, averaging 41m a loop. I knew it was more than that, but surely not double….I might have to get Felix to run a strava loop tomorrow to see if I’m being gipped badly.

View attachment 380443
TL;DR. @moorey's joining Strava. Has already starting riding cheat lines in preparation. :p

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Wait…you can cheat with Strava? Take my money!
"Coming in 2022 - New 'eStrava'. With the aid of sophisticated modern computing, now you can simulate some of your favourite rides and share them with all your friends - all with accurate tracking of your performance metrics showing just how hard you imagine you can push. Whether you're on the couch at home, stuck in the office, or even in the bathroom - now you can get a simulated ride in whenever you like!"

moorey

call me Mia
"Coming in 2022 - New 'eStrava'. With the aid of sophisticated modern computing, now you can simulate some of your favourite rides and share them with all your friends - all with accurate tracking of your performance metrics showing just how hard you imagine you can push. Whether you're on the couch at home, stuck in the office, or even in the bathroom - now you can get a simulated ride in whenever you like!"
So THATS how @HamboCairns is doing it!

moorey

call me Mia
Too wet to ride yesterday. Bush loop still too wet.
Did 21 casual loops of the gravel road that borders 3 sides of our block to keep the legs moving. (About 2km each)
Hoping that Thursday might be go for the 6h.

Also, Felix tested the loop on his garmin phone and iPhone strava. 55m elevation per loop, not the 40m my app records. Nice to know I’m doing even more climbing than I thought.

moorey

call me Mia
Cruisy loops last night testing options. My new sections don’t work. Still too fresh and soft, and just don’t flow like I wanted.
Did a combo of inner loops and around the road to break up the monotony. Might be the go.

It’s our last official day of quarantine and as good a time as any to hit the 6h, buy wifey has booked us in for the mandatory day 13 Covid test. Looks like some night loops will be required.

cammas

Seamstress
Fire road sections are always good, you can get some food in with out having to worry about anything else, like a tree or a rock jumping out in front of you.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good luck! Enjoy
At least you don't have far to go if you need to chuck the emergency food bag on or top up the water bottles