First attempt at trying to stick a flip to Dirt.

JOSH.M

Squid
[video=youtube;PV3kq__DqpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV3kq__DqpA[/video]

Video of Christin trying to stick a backflip. He came down one weekend and decided out of know where he was gonna learn to flip. This is his first ever attempt at trying to backflip and was determinded to stick it to dirt.

This is my first real edit so all criticism is welcome so hopefully i can improve for me next attempt.

thanks Josh

master@dh

Likes Dirt
thats sick that ur trying to flip, but go to foam first, its worth it. just pile up foam on the landing, that will at least save ur neck.

the vid wasnt that bad either,:cool:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Sorry to be blunt, but this is just plain f*cking stupid!

A) The rider clearly lacks the basic riding skill one needs to flip.
B) The kicker/air time/landing are all way, way, way too small. I would've thought this was obvious by virtue of the fact he was barely getting upside down before landing.
C) Why would you try a backflip to dirt to begin with anyway?

As the guy above said, learn into foam first, and then find a suitable jump, rather than just "deciding out of nowhere to flip"... I'm surprised he wasn't more seriously injured.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Its a good effort, ill give it that, Stuff trying to flip something that small.. The kids got balls

But lacks basic riding skills needed to flip. Ive told you this before, stop trying to learn to flip and learn to do basic tricks, get some style. flips are over rated anyway.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but lets face it who doesnt want to flip. :D i agree with everyone on their points, learning straight to dirt, F#@K me, massive balls mate, and jump needs to be much bigger. but damn big big cajones.

im still doing them into foam pits, havent balls up to go to even resi pad

adman

Likes Dirt
Not sure you're getting the idea - it's plain f**king stupid to flip a jump that small. You're just landing square upside down, or on your neck. constantly trying won't fix anything - you're just gonna hurt yourself.

You need WAY more airtime, a bigger ramp and a steeper landing. Seriously... wtf.

yeah put some effort in and make that jump bigger, you have the speed to make that jump big enough, but you need a much steeper take off, and much more height, it looks like your not even getting waist high above the kicker. the editing is good, althought if your doing panning or slow zoom shots a tripod will make things a lot smoother, even just a fence post will do most of the time. ut in all seriouslness it looked like you were going to die a few times attempting to flip a jump that small, ive never tried a flip but i think you would probably need at least twice as much height as your getting off that jump to get the rotation and a much steeper kicker

thevish

Likes Dirt
yo, stop
i strongly urge you to get to water or foam, you are going to really hurt yourself.. especially on that setup.

if you don't want to take that advice, the next best thing would be this:

first off, that ramp is the wrong transition for flips.. make it 1ft longer and make it steeper.

put old mattresses down.. 2 is ok.. 3 would be better.. and 2 layers even better..
also, try it make the landing a little higher than the take off... like say a stepup? crashing on a stepup while backflipping is far less dangerous than an even lip to landing setup.
i spent 2 hours in a half filled bodgy ass foampit, i thought i would have stuck it first go into foam.. i landed directly on my head the first 3 goes.
then i put mattresses down and went for it http://www.youtube.com/user/thevish#p/u/3/Y_v2v51UABQ
goodluck

thevish

Likes Dirt
Its a good effort, ill give it that, Stuff trying to flip something that small.. The kids got balls

But lacks basic riding skills needed to flip. Ive told you this before, stop trying to learn to flip and learn to do basic tricks, get some style. flips are over rated anyway.
i also strongly agree with this.

Christin H.

Likes Bikes
Foam will be the go, ill build a bigger kicker and make a ressies or get to foam pit and practice till i can stick every go to foam :)

thing is there aren't many foam pits in tassie.