first ever bikes

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone, just wondering what sort of beasts everyone started riding on??? I started very first with a 12inch red hotfoot bmx was sick as. First proper mtb tho was a KHS fxt comp, was fully stoked when i got it as well cause the indy xc's had a long travel kit!!!

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
first bike was a repco hotfoot as well. but first mtb was a mongoose alta the cracked frame is still hanging up underneith my house.oh the memories of that bike.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Hehe, my first bike was a foldable no brand bike which was pretty cool at the time *lol* then i got a mongoose manuver -> avanti barracuda. ohhh my first suspension bike, i was so happy to get it. i trashed that bike so much, i started racing downhill with it (hahaha didn't get very far.) now i have a trek bruiser 2.
frank-oi said:
oh the memories of that bike.
agreed frank-oi

Mason

Likes Dirt
I started on a 2001 Nrco Bigoot that still exists today in my garage, Has the shit kicked outta it, but hey its sweet!

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
i started on a kmart 'pro series'
first real bike was a mongoose sycamore
currently ride a custom build mongoose IBOC Pro

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
first MTB Bike, REPCO JACKAL!!!!!!! hahaha, those were the days...long long ago :)

Adi

It's my birthday!
Rigid: Dunlop, bent the forks, never fixed it, still hanging in my shed :)

MTB: Mongoose Rockadile sx [02], returned it to the poffy bike shop
-> Giant Rincon [02] lasted 6 months, many broken parts, dont intend to fix it...

thats it, im not very experinced yet :lol:

schmook

Likes Dirt
first bike was a repco something or other...it was a cruiser, bright blue with a basket on the front!
i got it for christmas when i was 8. it was the ultimate in woosy-ness but the basket came in handy! i used to put a bucket in the basket and go down the creek and catch tadpoles to bring back home to feed to my mexican walking fish.

when i was 12 my brother 'found' me a malvern star mountain bike.
that was a big heap of poo and i pretty much didnt ride a bike again until i was 21.

i bought my first 'real' bike this year - a specialized p2

before that, for the last 2 years ive had a merida sliprock with judy's on the front to use, and a santa cruz super 8 to ride when the owner wasnt looking.

nhd

Likes Dirt
heh well my first would of been a GT bmx a LONG time ago
then i got a woefull "melbourne" mtb, god that was such a pos. Then .... well that gets nearer to today :p

S.

ex offender
From my very first bike ever:
- No name 12" BMX
- De Carlo somethin 16" BMX
- Kent Hyper 20" BMX (you'd think that having had all these BMXes, I'd be able to jump!)
- Kmart special 24" mtb
- Malvern Star Hurricane 26" mtb (that was great for my paper round!)
- Marin Palisades Trail XC bike - my first real bike!
- Haro Backtrail X2 BMX (yeah another BMX, why can't I juuuuump!)
- Norco VPS Atomik
- DMR Trailstar (still have)
- Norco VPS Team (still have)

svenk

Likes Bikes
Repco 6 Speed "mountain bike" 5yo
Malvern Star Mongrel (that bike was sweet.. snapped it nicely tho :( ) 12yo
Mongoose Villain BMX when i was 15yo that got stolen...
Balance FS350 still have this frame, i just love it

adam

Likes Dirt
hey! my first one was an apollo cheetah too. Then i went to bmx, now back at mtb, first one second time round was a hmk

Adam

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My very first bike was a little blue 16" thing called a boxer. It had a big brother called a Grifter i think. From memory it had twin top tubes and a big ass down tube and weighed a tonne. I learnt alot on that bike, in the end i snapped the fork twice(my dad rewelded it). Not long after that my dad started making BMX wheels so i got a hook up through Crossrider and got a nice 20" BMX.

G

my first ride

was a freeagent maverick red and black i was stoked when i got it
but then my dad bought me a schwinn moab 2 and i used that for xc then got into freeride/dh/dirtjumps and now i have an ac2 and maybe a xlr8 soon

nathan

Likes Dirt
a "repco" something? Out on the farm their were no sealed roads so rigids were not that fun. Horses were the go there. Yee ha

NoeFFeX

Likes Bikes
Very 1st bike was one of those little plastic hotrod things, but i guess that was more of a trike heh. After that it was as follows:

Repco Hotfoot 12"
Repco Gemini 20"
Giant Rincon mtb
Mongoose Supergoose BMX
Mongoose Fuzz Pro BMX
Specialized Enduro FRS 2000 model
Specialized 2002 Bighit (current bike)

Soon to be: Banshee Morphine hardtail (pending)

ego

Likes Bikes
First bike was a repco hotfoot ,until my brother tied a sheet to it and through it of a bridge thinking the sheet would work like a parachute,it did not and the bike broke in half.
15 yrs later bought a Gary Fisher hardtail,upgraded to a Dual suspension KHS & now have a Haro DHR.