First long weekend of spring - how will you spend it?

Binaural

Eats Squid
Heading down to see family near Wagga and Tumut. Going to get out for a few rides I hope, either of the road or MTB variety. Anyone got any recommended trails in those regions?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wellllllll, just got made redundant- it’s all okay tho . Told yesterday morning , finished this arvo .

Means I can ride my bike - actually might buy a new one !
That bad and great news man. Ive been there twice and both times were great outcomes for me, of course individual circumstances come into how good or bad the deed is. I wish you well with this next stage of your life!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading to Lake Macquarie with the family.

Newcastle for 40th lunch on Saturday lots of meat @ meet - Brazilian BBQ.

Might ride Awaba on Sunday or Monday, so I can listen to my 12 year old whinge about having to wait for his now 40 year old dad...

All three league games to watch on Sunday...

Definitely taking the bikes for all of us so guess I should get of my fat arse and ride

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Chaps !
It’s all okay - it is another adventure , I have had few .
My wife n I actually work together have done for 6 yrs in this business , had our own business for 8 yrs prior .
So we do get on , she said maybe we could do something seperate now ?

Plan is have a break , and go from there - I haven’t got a cv , haven’t had an interview for close to 20 yrs . This is a whole new game .

Tomorrow isWombat Forest !

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Our long weekend was last weekend in WA, took the lad for his first trip to Linga Longa bike park which was great! Trails there are awesome with a mix of flow, tech and steep you can't get anywhere else in WA. This weekend off to Melb to hopefully watch the mighty Pies win a flag! Maybe a cheeky ride on Sunday when I get home.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, you're from WA and gonna fly to Melb dressed in black and white, surrounded by blue and yellow. I reckon you'll go home happy.
Ha Idid get some good natured booing on the plane. Hostie asked me if I was alright on the way back must have looked a bit somber! Hopefully get to hit the dirt today that'll make me happy again :)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Girlfriend's friends visited with their 2 kids under 3. They just left. I just cleaned up the house and the rest of the weekend will be spent recovering! Maybe go for a ride tomorrow for some much needed alone time.

stirk

Burner
Girlfriend's friends visited with their 2 kids under 3. They just left. I just cleaned up the house and the rest of the weekend will be spent recovering! Maybe go for a ride tomorrow for some much needed alone time.
Damn, I hope you get some special 'attention' from your girlfriend for the efforts!

stirk

Burner
Thanks Chaps !
It’s all okay - it is another adventure , I have had few .
My wife n I actually work together have done for 6 yrs in this business , had our own business for 8 yrs prior .
So we do get on , she said maybe we could do something seperate now ?

Plan is have a break , and go from there - I haven’t got a cv , haven’t had an interview for close to 20 yrs . This is a whole new game .

Tomorrow isWombat Forest !
It reads like your wife made you redundant!

Good luck either way!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Meet was of the scale...

Went to Glenrock instead and my young bloke had a big off early so didn't whinge...

Oh the 40 bit kinda doesn't feel any different- like most normal blokes I am mentally a teenager...
I turned 40 there. It was sensational. Bummer about the crash mid ride. What are the trails like at the moment?

stirk

Burner
Meet was of the scale...

Went to Glenrock instead and my young bloke had a big off early so didn't whinge...

Oh the 40 bit kinda doesn't feel any different- like most normal blokes I am mentally a teenager...
Wait till you hit 43, the recovery time after exercise seems to get longer after 40, just like your ear lobes, nose hairs, ear hairs, testicle sack, ability to go a second round with the partner...

But it's true we are still mentally teenagers and give the middle finger to danger as we hurtle down hills on our bikes at break neck speeds while grinning from ear to ear!!