First ride on a dually - wow

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
After much looking and comparing I've pretty much decided on a Norco Optic, last years A1 version is available at a price that allows for some upgrades to end up with a spec to my liking. The Trek Fuel 8 is second, and the 15% BUPA discount hard to ignore, but the Optic's more lively ride (as described in various reviews) seems to fit in better with what I want from a new bike.
I fully endorse short travel fun bikes. It’ll be a ripper

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just do it already!!! My balls are so blue.
So it will have to be imported from the Eastern states, Imma have blue balls now because I can’t just rock up to the bike shop with the cash and ride out the door with me new steed !
Edit
Checked out availability of Treks and it's the same deal, I'm not going to get my hands on a new bike in the next week...but am reconsidering Trek as I remembered I want to do a WAGE race or two at some point. A bit more travel seems like a good thing. And the dealer isn't a 2hr drive away, I don't want that kind of travel..

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yay new bike day, new bike year even ! Just picked up my new bike but pic is too large to upload. Will post later
You are such a tease. I'll bet you wear a skirt that most people would consider a belt when you're on the dance floor!

Well done on finally.getting a bike. Keen as to see some pics.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You are such a tease. I'll bet you wear a skirt that most people would consider a belt when you're on the dance floor!

Well done on finally.getting a bike. Keen as to see some pics.
Shut up poodle. You never follow through. Whats happened to the scout? What was that short travel dj bike you were riding?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shut up poodle. You never follow through. Whats happened to the scout? What was that short travel dj bike you were riding?
I don't know what you're talking about. I am awaiting delivery of a new xc rig. Big wheels, carbon, 100/100 travel, and going to weigh in about 10kg...you won't catch me on the climbs!

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got a nice bonus from work which
I had to wait till December for, so that’s why it took that long.
The blokes at The Humble Bicycle Co. made sure it was perfectly put together and set up the suspension using the Trek guide for my weight. I went for a quick ride at Meelup, two different short Blue runs. Took it easy but managed to topple over and put the first mark on it

Attachments

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
The blokes at The Humble Bicycle Co. made sure it was perfectly put together and set up the suspension using the Trek guide for my weight. I went for a quick ride at Meelup, two different short Blue runs.
I'm sure the guys at Humble are good, but jot down the settings as they are now so you can always refer back, then get the shock pump you were supplied and have a play with the suspension yourself to fine tune it, it'll take some time but even if you end going back to the factory settings you'll have a better understanding of how that particular bike moves through it's travel and if it works for you.