First ride on a dually - wow

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Trek Factory Racing signed with Rockshox and Re:Aktiv is a Fox/Penske patent, think the switch is more to do with sponsorship. Even then, the high spec Top Fuel doesn't have the RE:Aktiv damper on it from factory, but the 9.8 and 9.7 seem to get it back (weird! If they believed in it why not spec it on the top bike?).

You gotta admit, for the money, the Trek's come with a better spec and are just a prettier bike meh, never like the look of em except the old session 10 dh tank. All the treks I saw come through the shops I worked in worked terribly. Nothing special at all, especially comparing them to giant, specialized and merida. I'd take giant and merida anyday. Giant don't jump on new trends especially quickly, but what they do release works and is finished nicely. Not to mention you an get them cheaper! It's not uncommon at all to pick up giant's cheaper than retail either dude,watch em drop a grand below retail come new model time. especially at the end of the 3 year frame cycle they do. just gotta walk into the store, not look around online.
https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/.../fuel-ex/fuel-ex-7-29/p/23590/?colorCode=grey
or spend the tiny bit extra and get the GX kit, Bontrager Line 30's and with a BUPA card a -15% to the RRP.
https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/fuel-ex/fuel-ex-8-29/p/23593/?colorCode=reddark

I think most of the RE:Aktiv issues have been sorted now anyway, it's the Thru Shaft stuff that's been having failures lately, but only the Rockshox ones on the Slash and Remedies, the Fox Thru Shaft stuff on the top spec Fuel EX hasn't had the same reported issued (but this might be more from a lower use rate). Personally, I won't take that gamble. Proprietary shit that doesn't work any better, and lower reliability rates? no thanks

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You ridden either? Trek suck. “Made in USA” on the high end models=painted in america. Relies on an ensurance companies endorsement to get sales. Goerge W. Bush rides em.
Have trek stopped their proprietary shocks from blowing up yet? Reactive is shit. You know this when the race teams swap it out for a shock that works.

How is it a better design than this?
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/trance-29er-2-2019
Whats got you hating giant so much that you go to the other two big players that aren’t any better?
You gotta admit, for the money, the Trek's come with a better spec and are just a prettier bike. Not to mention you can get them cheaper!
Quite how anyone can go "oohhhh - love that new Giant!" is beyond me.

And the Trek Fuel EX has won so many BoTY awards its not funny. I don't remember Giant winning any stuff like that.

Soooooooooo many nicer things in this world than a Giant.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

And the Trek Fuel EX has won so many BoTY awards its not funny. I don't remember Giant winning any stuff like that.

Jesus, they're not that bad. I agree $10K is wild for a Trance0 but value for money in the second hand market you can get a good specced bike for a good price

Ultra Lord

Treks not one of em. Your dreaming if trek and specialized are better quality.

Every giant review ever reads “the bike didn’t excel at any one thing, was immediately comfortable, and worked well”. There will be bikes that climb better, ones that descend better, and ones that have fancy burrito holsters, but that doesn’t take away from giant building bikes that are good.

Transitions patrol won a shitload of BOTY awards. People have still owned them and not been happy. BOTY awards don’t mean shit.

The overwhelming majority of treks I have seen on the trails, worked on in the store and ridden haven’t been better than giant. Giant aren’t exciting, Trek aren’t exciting either. Neithers specialized. All big companies playing it safe.

Except specialized will sue cafe owners over the name of a french town. Great company to support with your money.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I don’t mean that Giant is poor quality. They just look shit.

Go into the Giant flagship store in Clarence St & see if loins are stirred.

Nope.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Nope.
That Trance Adv0 and the Reign 0 don't even stir just a tiny bit? Teeny tiny? :p
I won't get to see them in real life though so I can't comment on that fact though

Ultra Lord

Nope.
Bleugh, not going anywhere near clarence st in my free time hahaha.

The new glory’s look great. I like the trance 29’er, looks better than the 27.5. Should be a fast bike for our local trails.

There no curtis XR650, fair enough. A fair but cheaper though.

Ibis however, ewwww

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If only he still made em in aluminium. Buy the time I could afford a turner frame he went carbon :(
Nice but pity it is badly let down by the ugly as sin cable routing. I can't see a shot where is looks even a bit aesthetically pleasing.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Nice but pity it is badly let down by the ugly as sin cable routing. I can't see a shot where is looks even a bit aesthetically pleasing.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Heh, I like it because you don’t have to faf around bleeding brakes because internal routing on every bloody bike now. Pain in the ass!