FIT4 lockout sticking

goobags

Likes Dirt
I have noticed my lockout is sticking on both my FIT4 forks.

First noticed it on a brand new 2018 fork as I run remote lockout on it and it won’t release while the front end has weight on it and it’s damn annoying.

Then while playing around with my 2017 fork I noticed the same thing after a brutal climb except this fork is crown lockout. I still had weight on the front and tried to turn it to open mode and it was really tough, like something was stuck. As soon as I unweighted the front wheel I could open it up. The damper was rebuilt at the start of the year as the rebound and open mode low speed compression adjusters were seized.

I know the detent is in the damper not the top cap. I have also tried adjusting the remote lockout so it only just locks out but has the same effect. Might try and take it well beyond the lockout detent and see if it will click back past it.

Has anyone else noticed this? More importantly is there a fix? Don’t really care with the crown adjust fork but the remote one sucks as sometimes once it releases, the lever still is locked so it never unlocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk