FIT4 stuck rebound knob

goobags

Likes Dirt
So bought a second hand fork with the FIT4 damper and the rebound adjustment is seized

After a bit of reading and look on the fox service website, one of the service steps is to remove the shaft and clean the detent ball and regrease.

https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=625

My question is, if I complete the steps required, will removing the shaft mean I need to bleed the damper or can I get away without a bleed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
So bought a second hand fork with the FIT4 damper and the rebound adjustment is seized

After a bit of reading and look on the fox service website, one of the service steps is to remove the shaft and clean the detent ball and regrease.

https://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=625

My question is, if I complete the steps required, will removing the shaft mean I need to bleed the damper or can I get away without a bleed?

I had the same issue. Spoke to Simon at The MTB suspension center. He reckons the bearings on the rebound shaft in the fit 4 suck balls.

He fired in some new bearings and had it back running for about $80.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep I have one on my hardtail that gets stuck. I just stick a suitable spammer on it and it loosens up. If it needs bleeding the fit 4 without trail adjust is a simple job. If it has trail adjust it is a complete pain in the arse. As per normal with Fox they try to make disassembly as difficult as possible. There is a small c clip that needs to be removed which holds the trail adjust shaft in place. It is a friggin nightmare to remove

goobags

Likes Dirt
Bah I’ll just send it to Cyclinic. Have another damper which is sloppy as that was going off anyway this week

Me and suspension aren’t getting along very well at the moment.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Yep I have one on my hardtail that gets stuck. I just stick a suitable spammer on it and it loosens up. If it needs bleeding the fit 4 without trail adjust is a simple job. If it has trail adjust it is a complete pain in the arse. As per normal with Fox they try to make disassembly as difficult as possible. There is a small c clip that needs to be removed which holds the trail adjust shaft in place. It is a friggin nightmare to remove
Yep has trail adjust