Five Ten Freerider Pro - Sizing Q

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

following on from my 5 10 rant, it seems there are limited options regarding a worthy contender, with the exception of Unparallel which may be available in Australia sometime this year. I currently ride Impact pro and before that the Vxi and freerider contact. Does anyone have any advice re sizing of the Freerider pro? I've heard mixed reports with some saying they are true to size and some saying they run small. I like the Impacts but I wouldn't mind something slightly more flexible.

Cheers
CC

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
I think it runs the same as Freeriders and they're true to size, whereas the vxi's ran wide.

If you're ordering from CRC then just get 3 sizes and ship 2 back for $10

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it runs the same as Freeriders and they're true to size, whereas the vxi's ran wide.

If you're ordering from CRC then just get 3 sizes and ship 2 back for $10
Thanks mate! I did think of that; however they only have a 12 (my usual size) and no 12 1/2 or 13!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I tried to buy Freerider Pro's from MTB Direct a couple of years ago. I'm normally a UK12 and initially bought 12's but they were a little too small. Bought some 13's but they ended up like clown shoes. Sent both back for a full refund, postage paid by mtbd (kudos to them). My experience was that it wasn't so much the length that was the problem, it was the width, and it was the same for the shoes. I've got wider feet and the 12's were just too narrow to be comfortable. 12 1/2's might have done the trick if they existed - there are no half sizes at the big end of the range.

Ended up buying a pair of Freerider Elements from CRC few months later in an EU47 and they've been awesome. Comfortable from the get go.

Edit: It looks like the Freerider Elements are now called Freerider DLX.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
I tried to buy Freerider Pro's from MTB Direct a couple of years ago. I'm normally a UK12 and initially bought 12's but they were a little too small. Bought some 13's but they ended up like clown shoes. Sent both back for a full refund, postage paid by mtbd (kudos to them). My experience was that it wasn't so much the length that was the problem, it was the width, and it was the same for the shoes. I've got wider feet and the 12's were just too narrow to be comfortable. 12 1/2's might have done the trick if they existed - there are no half sizes at the big end of the range.

Ended up buying a pair of Freerider Elements from CRC few months later in an EU47 and they've been awesome. Comfortable from the get go.

Edit: It looks like the Freerider Elements are now called Freerider DLX.
I’ve got the Elements shoes. Great shoes but not enough armour for me. Busted my toe smacking a rock with the soft toe cap.
Looks like CRC have Freerider pros in 12.5 currently but only in green.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
They must have started making 1/2 sizes between 12 and 13 - couldn't get them when I was looking for them, unless it was just mtbd not stocking them.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got the Elements shoes. Great shoes but not enough armour for me. Busted my toe smacking a rock with the soft toe cap.
Looks like CRC have Freerider pros in 12.5 currently but only in green.
Yes, I saw that. Maybe worth grabbing a pair to try!

mark22

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

following on from my 5 10 rant, it seems there are limited options regarding a worthy contender, with the exception of Unparallel which may be available in Australia sometime this year. I currently ride Impact pro and before that the Vxi and freerider contact. Does anyone have any advice re sizing of the Freerider pro? I've heard mixed reports with some saying they are true to size and some saying they run small. I like the Impacts but I wouldn't mind something slightly more flexible.

Cheers
CC
Same sizing in my experience.
Got a pair of Brand new VXI Impacts UK 11 if anyone is interested