Five Ten Kestrel width

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a semi-wide foot. Last shoes I bought were Shimano XC30's in 46 to get some extra width, but they are a bit long...

I really want some Five Ten Kestrel Lace and am wondering how they go width wise?

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Can't comment on that model, but other 5.10 shoes I use are great for width, I'm 44 4E (extra wide).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Ha! I have caveman feet for sure ;)

multiple pairs of impacts, danny mac shoes, walking shoes.. In recent times I think the quality has dropped off but they are still most comfortable and arguably best flat pedal shoes I've ever used.

I like the look of new specialized 2fo but dont need new shoes yet :) When I used to use cleats specialized where my goto shoes.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i had the kestrel lace shoes, no issues with width but then i dont normally have issues with shimano shoes either. sizing seemed on par with the AM45s, possibly a little roomier but not much in it. they were mostly excellent shoes EXCEPT that the ankle hole is very poorly shaped which makes them harder than they need to be to get on and off and put pressure on your ankle making them a bit uncomfortable there. every time i put them on i was internally screaming at five ten for not making the tongue longer and thicker, i mean surely they got someone to try them on before making thousands of them to sell?

it was a damn shame because the sole is far superior to the shimano AM45, grippier when not clipped in, stiffer, and comfier aside from the ankle thing. at the end of the day i just got sick of the relief i felt at taking them off so old faithful shimano won me back.