Fizik ics bag = complete shit ?

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg
Mmyes so my replaced under warranty fizik bag is only around 5 months old and snapped just like the last one - are these only suitable for road bikes ...
I like the design ( it clips straight into my saddle ) and they are great with a dropper but that plastic is a joke , after last time I put a zip tie on this as security - who wants to get back to the car park on dusk with no car keys and phone ...
I might try and mcgyver a metal plate and fix it or are there any other similar bags that suit droppers out there with a similar quick release that are more durable ?
Cheers in advance

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
mcgyver for sure... that placcy bizzo with that leverage over rad bumps to the power of max is bound to go ta tas.

camo71

Likes Dirt
I've got a pack and I don't hate it but have to say I'd rather not take if I don't need it , usual trails I just need a spot for keys and phone and a small snack , not sure im keen for the strap , cheers for the heads up though , might try and fix it then if there's nothing else , as much as it shits me it is a handy lil man bag :)

camo71

Likes Dirt
Cheers fellas, thanks for the extra suggestions ...
I'm going to try and salvage it cause its just so practical - it's a piece of shit I love to hate , if that fails I might give that dakine bag a whirl .

Travis22

Likes Dirt
I was looking recently for a half decent saddle bag and came across one that i thougt looked really nicely made and was designed for droppers. Hope to place an order shortly.

Weecog Slider.

Travis.

camo71

Likes Dirt
That looks allright to , thanks .
So far so good with the shockproof super glue and zip ties , I'm keeping an eye out for a small hinge or something I can rivet to the bag and use instead of the plastic part .

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I've had one of the Fizik integrated ones for years now. But, as soon as I put it on the rattle and movement annoyed the hell outta me, so my first thing was to use a small compression strap (like from a hiking pack) to wrap around it and the saddle rails to give it more support. Doesn't move at all!

But yeah, that clip by itself on anything but the smooth road would be a liability!

camo71

Likes Dirt
Yeh that's a good idea , one with a clip would be ideal so it can still be removed when required .
I'm rockin a zip tie through those tabs and over the rails though now and have supa glued the whole hinge so there's no movement and its holding up well so far though yeh not ideal as cant take it off ...
Good call , Might look into a small strap with clip

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got it sorted for now , maybe .... Bit of grinding and filing and swearing ,
Wonder which part will break next ...
Got a strap with a clip from my old work bag for support ...

Last edited:

camo71

Likes Dirt
Bit of an update , I sent them some pics of my macgyvering and I've received tracking info for another bag sent out dhl express no questions asked - so yep the bags kinda shit but on the upside the customer service is good .
I will mod the next one straight away and that should keep me going for quite awhile .