Flaggon Track Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Yeti Cycles
If you ride flaggon at all please read thouroughly!

In conjunction with Mr Plows thread on dont stuff with tracks, which I 100% aggree with, I thought I would write a specific thread on this subject on Flaggon.

To start things off, I have just been out to Flaggon for the past 6 hours by myself with shovel in hand getting it all nice and rough again! There are also 2 very slightly modified sections, they are both well marked out,the first right near the top, just after you turn the left hander on the roadside, the second being a new entry to the chute about 1/3 of the way down, so take care, until you are familiar with where the changes are.

So now for my rant on track changes, we noted someone got out and made a retaining wall where the off-camber section was, im sure whoever did this had the best of intentions, but it is NOT appreciated! that section of the track was made due to it being off camber and technical, if we wanted an easy track we would ride down fire roads.

Flaggon is a track that was built in majority by Myself and Lindsay Klein, and has had atleast 90% of Maintainence done by us, with world cup DH training in mind, and the fact that not 1 other person in the past 18 months had laid a shovel on the track (apart from the retaining wall) since I have been spending my time training for BMX at the olympics, shows that noone has the right to make their own modifications, it really is very rude!

And also, whoever keeps moving the fallen tree on the right hand turn after the chute that I placed to stop people straight lining this section PLEASE STOP IT!! If the turn is too hard then too bad, you have no right to move it! I would have no problem leaving it be if you want to straight line this as I can always take the tighter turn around the tree, but by taking the straight line people are ruining the entry to the existing line, which has resulted in Myself hitting the tree twice! Plus I assure you I will never give up moving the tree back to block the straight line.

Thats about it, if you want a track you can do whatever you want with then go build your own, and if your happy to ride Flaggon how it is then we will all get along just fine!

Jared

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just to clarify things where is flaggon as everyone in toowoomba is talking about it lately and i want to do some runs! i'm bored of frenzy!

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just to clarify things where is flaggon as everyone in toowoomba is talking about it lately and i want to do some runs! i'm bored of frenzy!
word on the street is upper flagstone creek road as for where it starts and finishes go do some expoloring its not that hard to find ;)

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it is in toowoomba
i think it would be better if you went in the middle of town and yelled it out, more people might know that way. half the fun is fiding the track.

also it is an illegal track...

Last edited by a moderator:

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
i think it would be better if you went in the middle of town and yelled it out, more people might know that way. half the fun is fiding the track.

also it is an illegal track...
i know that it is ilegal but that dosent mean that people shouldnt know where it is, but yer i know what you mean. :)

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i know that it is ilegal but that dosent mean that people shouldnt know where it is, but yer i know what you mean. :)
are you retarded? that’s the most contradicting thing I’ve herd. As in the past people ride it and find it to hard or bumpy and modify it which it whats this threads all about....

Last edited:

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
no im not retarded, well those people know who they are so the will stop what they are doing hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.