Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

moorey

call me Mia
I'm much more convinced that many of the bible stories and various historical artefacts (egyptian pyramids, their building, geometry accuracy etc.) Have been influenced by extra terrestrial forces. Yep. Aliens.
In my mind it’s mathematically impossible that we’re alone in the universe as ‘intelligent life’….however I have no reason whatsoever to think that they have interacted with us in any way at this point. Pyramid building has been feasibly explained.
If/when we make contact, religion will explain it all away well enough to make it fit into the dogma.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In my mind it’s mathematically impossible that we’re alone in the universe as ‘intelligent life’….however I have no reason whatsoever to think that they have interacted with us in any way at this point. Pyramid building has been feasibly explained.
If/when we make contact, religion will explain it all away well enough to make it fit into the dogma.
Any intelligent lifeform would observe us for a while, probably head to the USA for a confirmation and then go fuck that and disappear.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
For sure... and much like the two most common tooth fairies with middle eastern origins... why would the aliens reveal themselves to the Egyptians, back in the day... and help them assemble some serious building blocks, and then go mum after that. Why?

I have zero doubt that there are aliens.. They are 100% guaranteed to exist. The likelihood of us being the sole intelligent life is zero. But our own verse is so fricken big... even our local group, and the jury is still out whether the said very smart aliens have figured out how to overcome the space/time thing,. But to be sure, it may be possible, and it would be awesome if they did. It would be awfully handy for the human race when our sun starts doing its red giant / white dwarf thing... not that we are likely to still exist at that time.

As for the pyramids, once you've figured out how to lever a block up on top of another block... just turn it into an RSO and rinse and repeat.

Me, personally, I'd love to know how the Khmers figured out how to make huge corrugated rock roofs... all without power tools. Not to mention all the other stuff.