Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The smart ones just convince to pay good money for the privilege of doing it.
I do really wonder about those big shot tele-evangelists, do they really believe that God is talking to them and believe that living a lavish lifestyle off all their believers is God's work or are they just con artists. I'm thinking the latter.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I do really wonder about those big shot tele-evangelists, do they really believe that God is talking to them and believe that living a lavish lifestyle off all their believers is God's work or are they just con artists. I'm thinking the latter.
Steady on there, they're not all L Ron Hubbard... There's a good chance its a combination of both up to a certain point, that they believe they're doing God's work, and being appropriately rewarded for it. Confirmation bias is a funny thing...

slowmick

38-39"
If the world really is flat what is the purpose of the spherical lie? It seems like a lot of effort to maintain the deceit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It's so we can sit around with a beer watching poor bastards in boats sail over the edge, never to return. It's the sort of joke that never gets old.
You just hit the circumfence. If you get stuck Tethis will be along momentarily, be warned though he suffers from tides.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
In case I don't see you. Good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

A few posts ago, this was top of mind.

But, you know... as weird as the Flat Earthers are, and they are surely weird... did you know that some people, apparently quite a few, actually believe in the fabulous tooth fairy... most commonly called God. Good luck to them.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia

But, you know... as weird as the Flat Earthers are, and they are surely weird... did you know that some people, apparently quite a few, actually believe in the fabulous tooth fairy... most commonly called God. Good luck to them.
Rarely mutually exclusive.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

Most flat earthers are coming from a Biblical angle with their opinions, so it all goes hand in hand sometimes.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I find the christian take on this freaking stupid beyond belief.. Apparently the devil took Jesus up onto a big hill where he could see all the nations and offered him the chance to be king of it all, this could only happen on a flat earth. As far as I'm concerned it's just more proof the bible is full of shit, to some christians it's proof the world is flat. Some of them take it even further and say it's flat and square because the bible mentions the 4 corners of the earth.