Flat trails

twitchie

Likes Bikes
so ive acquire some nice bushy land, all flat with alittle bit of hills but not big enough to make a downhill track.
There are a few little tracks that have been cut already, which is really fun just blasing threw them but i was wondering if any of you have ever made some flat flowy tracks?
What have to done to make them some what technical and challenging?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do you like pump track type features, that might take up some trail and maybe some Northshore type ramps or a wall ride.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Time for a dj bike and some trails man! Flowy jump trails meandering around the hills, awesome. Perfect for semi slick tyres and a rock hard fork

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Do you like pump track type features, that might take up some trail and maybe some Northshore type ramps or a wall ride.
I honestly never thought about doing some pump features thanks man, would it be a good idea to do them sort of leading into the corners and out of them?

Time for a dj bike and some trails man! Flowy jump trails meandering around the hills, awesome. Perfect for semi slick tyres and a rock hard fork
There is a section of trail that would be perfect for flow jumps which i could incorporate a northshore feature in to aswell.
In fact there is a nice off camber corner which would suit a hip into it

Cheers guys! Sometimes you just need that little guidance to get ya going haha

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The Coomealla track is a lesson in flat flow...and the answer is not always berms. There are very few berms on a slalom track and not many punters say they don't flow. The key with flat tracks is to never have nothing of interest, either on or beside the track.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Of course you can have flow without berms, but berms allow faster flow with more lean!:D And something to jump in/out.

twitchie

Likes Bikes
The Coomealla track is a lesson in flat flow...and the answer is not always berms. There are very few berms on a slalom track and not many punters say they don't flow. The key with flat tracks is to never have nothing of interest, either on or beside the track.
Which track is this? Can you send me a link of it pics or vids wouldnt mind see what they have done.

Of course you can have flow without berms, but berms allow faster flow with more lean!:D And something to jump in/out.
Haha i do like have burms for the fact its fun to challenge your mates to see who can get their bars the lowest to the ground

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Coomealla Mountain Bike Park. Managed by my former colleagues at the Mountainless Mountain Bike Club out of Mildura in NW Victoria. There's a couple of vids on YouTube. There's a couple of pics on Trailforks too and plenty via the club's Facebook page...

The other track to go to school on is the Nine Mile Track at Moama near Echuca. Made by Dirt Art and used for an Oz XC round a few years ago

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Coomealla Mountain Bike Park. Managed by my former colleagues at the Mountainless Mountain Bike Club out of Mildura in NW Victoria. There's a couple of vids on YouTube. There's a couple of pics on Trailforks too and plenty via the club's Facebook page...

The other track to go to school on is the Nine Mile Track at Moama near Echuca. Made by Dirt Art and used for an Oz XC round a few years ago
Awesome thanks mate ill check it see if i can get some inspiration off them.

Nothin better than a clipped in no gloves contest to see who can drag a bar! Love it.
100% dude! Altho the clipped in part isbt for me clips scare me lol.
Ive tried them a few times just couldnt wrap my head around it hahaha
But tring to drag a bar is heaps of fun and a good laugh too