Floods in VIC - everyone ok?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Y
More water than we've seen in years and the potential for water restrictions. Ahh Australia, you never fail to throw another curveball.

Concerns only 25% of Warragamba dam 25 percent safe to drink due to poor water quality from NSW floods

Also a bit about the health of Victorian waterways and Port Philip bay... Maybe don't go play in the water down Barwon way. :oops:
Yeah there's more than a few towns in regional NSW and Victoria that would have a bore field as a drought backup to their usual river supply...and they'll be using that rather than destroying their treatment equipment trying to treat flood water. My own town is one of them...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Maybe don't go play in the water down Barwon way.
The amount of people surfing and swimming at the mouth of the Barwon river is disturbing!

There is no whitewash on the waves, it's all brown. The river is putrid, but doesn't seem to stop people getting in it as soon as the sun comes out and it's over 16 degrees.

cammas

Seamstress
Was talking to the brew house manager last week or the week before, and she was telling me she went for a paddle on the surf ski at Williamstown before work and there were quite a few turds floating around there, so she’ll be giving it a break for a while.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Was talking to the brew house manager last week or the week before, and she was telling me she went for a paddle on the surf ski at Williamstown before work and there were quite a few turds floating around there, so she’ll be giving it a break for a while.
That's a wise decision.

To the left of that toilet block is where I had been taking pictures of the Lock. It's now under water so I had to go down the other end. Take note of the control box towers.

They're saying it should peak this weekend, maybe early next week.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The amount of people surfing and swimming at the mouth of the Barwon river is disturbing!

There is no whitewash on the waves, it's all brown. The river is putrid, but doesn't seem to stop people getting in it as soon as the sun comes out and it's over 16 degrees.
I went for a poke around Point Nepean (for those elsewhere reading, the eastern side of Port Phillip Heads) on the weekend, and the plume of muck along the coast west of The Rip back to Barwon Heads is clearly visible.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
and there were quite a few turds floating around there, so she’ll be giving it a break for a while.
Bondi cigar
blind mullet,turd, grogan, nebraska,boree,shit.
Of the free floating variety, found when you go swimming at Bondibeach, Sydney,Australia. The government thought it would be a good idea to pump sewage out to sea, they have sort of fixed it by now pumping it out further, but in a rough sea you may still meet the bondi cigar.
My mate went swimming at bondi beach, and a bondi cigar touched him.

cammas

Seamstress
Bondi cigar
blind mullet,turd, grogan, nebraska,boree,shit.
Of the free floating variety, found when you go swimming at Bondibeach, Sydney,Australia. The government thought it would be a good idea to pump sewage out to sea, they have sort of fixed it by now pumping it out further, but in a rough sea you may still meet the bondi cigar.
My mate went swimming at bondi beach, and a bondi cigar touched him.
Never heard of a blind mullet that must be a biggen’

Cardy George

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Not quite peaked yet, but the images won't change much now.

Lots of very happy looking River Red Gums :)

Cardy George

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Not in Vic, but coming down from there....

Coming back from a quick trip to Adelaide on the weekend, I popped into Murray Bridge, in particular Sturt Reserve, which is right on the edge of the river. It's still within the confines of its channel, but only just.....

Looking south...
IMG_20221218_092752~2.jpg

Looking norf. Still a bit to go to reach 1956 level (zoom in to marker on bridge pylon)....
IMG_20221218_093518~2.jpg