Fluid MTB from Anaconda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Fluid is made exclusively for Anaconda. So Fluid is the Anaconda home brand. They're pretty much below average for most things.

I work at an Anaconda store.
Not exactly pushing for "employee of the month" there are you champ :D

crispy

Likes Bikes
G'day Jaskel

I was also looking into bikes from anaconda,
I know a couple of people that work there and they all pointed me to the Jamis range over the Fluid homebrand!

Jamis are more expensive bikes but you know what they say
"you only get what you pay for"
Jamis have better Components and build quality and I've heard some not so good stories about Fluid!

Your decision though!

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Jamis Komodo (around the price range of the tantrum) is a really good bike, The tantrum and mayhem share the same frame i believe, i rode my mates Mayhem and when you pedal you can feel the steering wanting to go in the direction of the side your pedaling in...
Just doesn't feel right to me, Havn't had any problems with the Komodo, except that the stock breaks are shithouse and the forks, well they're RST's and apparently break alot on people...

And theyre going for about 600 bucks atm... Unless you buy a 09 one...

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
hmm breaking forks..nice ;)

like I said i dont need anything 1K sorta thing..

Perhaps more looking for a 2nd hand hardtail someone might have that they dont use or wanna upgrade...

Legally Red

Likes Dirt
Yeh we have hired Fluid Bikes from Anaconda for school expeditions before. They are pretty decent bikes for the price and most of them have a good collection of parts.

Jaskel

Likes Dirt
nah not a fan on the goose..

Im considering a 08 Giant Alias...pretty good bike for crusing

How much u reckon i should pay for a brand new 08

bazza

look at me
Fluid is an Anaconda developed brand. We offer a lifetime warranty on our frames which I have never had to issue and brand name parts on our bikes. Just check out the different bikes available with fit (1stly!) spec and then personal preference in your price point locally and make your decision based on those areas. Get into it now though while there still might be a few 08 models running around and see what deals you can get.

On the model front I would recommend the 09 Renegade or Ricochet. If your a 19in then get an 08 Nitro for $699 down from $999. Don't get the DJ bikes (Tantrum/Mayhem) if your after a general trail bike.

naughtymiyagi

Cannon Fodder
Its good you got a bike, but next time don't bother asking on here because all you are getting is ignorant opinions. Go into the stores and compare apples for apples. Hit them up for a deal. Don't just assume that anaconda is a department store with no experience. The people working their got the job because they know their stuff. Not all stores, not all team will be experts (like I like dirt, 16 year old with bad attitude) but they will help you.

end rant!

mosel

Cannon Fodder
Fluid bikes are rubbish, Save your Money

Post withdrawn, Company has now responded to emails.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.