Focus Jam2

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2021 focus jam2 w/ bosch performance cx gen 4
Manitou mezzer 170mm
Manitou mara pro
Mulleted wheelset - nextie rims laced to i9 hydra (r) / hope pro 4 (f)
Formula cura 4 brakes
Swissstop catalyst rotors
SLX 12 speed drivetrain
Joystick binary stem
Joystick analogue bars
BX 200mm dropper

I'd been dreaming of an ebike for a while but wrote off the idea due to the high outright cost.

So I built up a banshee spitfire as an impulse purchase when they were on clearance from MTB direct.

I wanted something a little more pedal friendly than my enduro rig and I was bored and locked down in Melbourne.

Then a good mate bought an ebike and I made the mistake of riding it up a few climbs at Silvan.

The next day I went and bought the bottom specced focus jam2 in xl. The spec had some strange choices like a recon fork on a 150mm travel, 23kg ebike. It didn't bother me as the price was reasonable and I was only interested in the Bosch motor and frame and planned to swap out a bunch of parts from the spitfire build.

Spitfire got rebuilt with some stock parts from this and found a new home.

Pretty happy with the build as it stands now, the only thing I would change out is the FSA cranks the paint seems to fall off just looking at them. I'd love some silver hope ones.

I was a little worried about how the ebike would go riding places like Eaton's cutting where there are a lot of reasonably sized gap jumps but it well and truly exceeded my expectations. Can throw the bike around no problems and the additional weight just keeps it more planted in my opinion.

Certainly the ebike has more stuff rattling around than my enduro sled so not super quiet on the trails but you get used to it.

Truth be told I have only ridden the g16 twice since purchasing this, once on a shuttle day at Buller and once when I cooked my brake pads riding cascades on this.

I can't see it being ridden much so am toying with the idea of selling it and just having a one bike stable.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are you finding the Mara?
I haven't had a proper ride since fitting the mara last week, got to be better than the deluxe r it replaced. Rebound feels quite fast. Will get out to my local this weekend, but more xc style trails there. Can't travel more than 5km from home at the moment.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk