AM Focus SAM Factory

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sweet! I'm planning a Thredbo trip over Easter if you're interested. Taking the missus though so not exactly a "boys" trip.. but between 10am-4pm I'll be shredding with no regard for life (or her).. You'd love the flow trail!
pm me some details bro, we have allot going on with planning wedding etc but if we can i'd be keen to do a long weekend up there.
Two chunts a chunting!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Latest ride at Lysterfield

Well not my type of place on a weekend, was stupid busy, was stopping or moving aside every 5-10min to let someone pass and i think out of the 30 or so people i let pass (I'm still learning so no issue moving aside) only 2 maybe 3 said thank you, the tracks for me did not have the same sort of "flow" that i get at youies, felt very stop start or jaggy, granted allot of that could be experience.

I did enjoy some parts of the tracks, the skills park is nice, maybe I'll revisit Lysterfield with a HT or short travel dual, might be a little more enjoyable

Attachments

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Yep, way to much bike for lysterfield, unless your happy doing laps of Aneurysm all day. Lysterfield is great for punching out xc style KM's on the right bike.

Still such a sweet ride though.

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Yep, way to much bike for lysterfield, unless your happy doing laps of Aneurysm all day. Lysterfield is great for punching out xc style KM's on the right bike.

Still such a sweet ride though.
thanks Thomas, yer it was still fun but your right, will revisit there with the next build which will be a lower travel trail bike (120-130mm)

slowmick

38-39"
nah, your Sam looks like a bunch of fun for Lysterfield - you just have take every opportunity to jump off every little thing that looks rampy. I ride my enduro around there - it is much more fun than my hardtail. It's more work but i spend more time looking for fun that searching for the fast smooth lines. sounds like you were unlucky with your timing - it can be a pain in the balls when the park is full. there are some days where it seems half of Melbourne has traded their road bike for a starva in the park.

if you want some real fun take the Sam and some lights and zip around Lysterfield in the dark. you'll pretty much have the place to yourself and you'll come back with a shit eating grin and teeth full of spider webs. :llama:

Last edited:

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
nah, your Sam looks like a bunch of fun for Lysterfield - you just have take every opportunity to jump off every little thing that looks rampy. I ride my enduro around there - it is much more fun than my hardtail. It's more work but i spend more time looking for fun that searching for the fast smooth lines. sounds like you were unlucky with your timing - it can be a pain in the balls when the park is full. there are some days where it seems half of Melbourne has traded their road bike for a starva in the park.

if you want some real fun take the Sam and some lights and zip around Lysterfield in the dark. you'll pretty much have the place to yourself and you'll come back with a shit eating grin and teeth full of spider webs. :llama:
I think i would have enjoyed it more if i wasn't being careful on my shoulder, didn't bring any protection gear either (apart from a lid), if i went back with the SAM for sure I'd be rocking my full face some pads and be looking to launch of every jump, its a bit of a hike though to get there for me living on the west side of the city youies is just that much closer.

slowmick

38-39"
well if the Youies is your local i wouldn't bother travelling for Lysterfield. Consider it ticked off your list :thumb:

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
well if the Youies is your local i wouldn't bother travelling for Lysterfield. Consider it ticked off your list :thumb:
Heading to Thredbo over Easter break so i think i'll stick to youies and try to get my skills back up to scratch before then

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
This is such an awesome bike mate. Wish I could have found one in my size.
Good to hear your loving it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bike is now for sale: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?306139-Focus-SAM-160-2016-Custom-XL

My Crohns has taken a massive hit to my fitness and I've basically resigned myself to shuttle riding only due to my core being literally destroyed, i want to still enjoy biking so this baby is going to be replaced by a more downhill orientated bike.
Well that's a shit reason to be moving on (good luck with your health), but I do always welcome people to the world of ease and gravity. You got any ideas/dreams for the big rig?