For Sale section

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Yes, yes I know, this was changed not all that long ago.. but can we just get rid of the 29er+650b section? What is it even there for?? Every 29er/27.5 is going to fit into either XC, hardtail, or enduro/trail. This will also solve the multiple thread issue you mods bitch about all day long..

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Very true. I always found it a little confusing when looking through there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or the section for "under priced goods to be sold elsewhere at profit"?
Nah we cleared all that up. I'm opening an eBay store, poodles used wares, and youse guys can save youse selfs the hassle of trawling the Internets and just come straight to me. Its like a hock shop, but without the stolen goods and junkies.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Just bringing this up again...

Can there be a seperate section for hardtails? I'm looking for one at the moment and it's almost impossible to find a specific hardtail without looking at the pictures in the ads in some cases.... Maybe a hardtail section within the relevant section (29 / enduro / xc)?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'd like to see another for sale & wanted sub section for non bike stuff. I have a lot of stuff that's not worth listing on eBay after fees, and selling it to another burner might just help someone out. To avoid junk/spam, set a 300 post threshold before you can post?

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I'd like to see another for sale & wanted sub section for non bike stuff. I have a lot of stuff that's not worth listing on eBay after fees, and selling it to another burner might just help someone out. To avoid junk/spam, set a 300 post threshold before you can post?
Noooooooooooo.

I don't think that would positively contribute to the RB community at all.

It is, despite appearances at times, a mountain biking forum after all.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That would be horrible, Imagine the shit the mods would have to deal with in terms of guidelines/sorting out petty discrepancies and items they may not know enough about each item/sale to cast a proper judgement. Use Gumtree for that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Noooooooooooo.

I don't think that would positively contribute to the RB community at all.

It is, despite appearances at times, a mountain biking forum after all.
That would be horrible, Imagine the shit the mods would have to deal with in terms of guidelines/sorting out pity discrepancies and items they may not know enough about to cast a proper judgement. Use Gumtree for that kind of stuff.

Ok ok so it appears I'm above the curve with faith in the regular participants around here.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, the decision was made years ago that we'd remain bike-focused and keep the non-bike stuff to eBay. Just too much work and too many issues and too many Chopstikses out there for us to even consider doing that stuff.

moorey

call me Mia
Agreed. We mods have enough on our plates.

LTIH. People who list something, you immediately PM or post up a response, (as well as email),3 days later, they haven't even logged on to check responses.
Sorely tempted to just remove their trading access :behindsofa:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What about an auction set up? Compulsory starting bid of zero, purchase/sale enforcible, and Dozer to moderate. It would keep the "what's it worth?" Posts down...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I suggest ALL for sale post thread starters MUST have instant thread email subscription on, with an email validation step before their fs post is approved and released. Assuming vBulletin can do it?

and an email every week to the op, " have you sold this fucker, if so change thread title or get a ban"

moorey

call me Mia
I suggest ALL for sale post thread starters MUST have instant thread email subscription on, with an email validation step before their fs post is approved and released. Assuming vBulletin can do it?

and an email every week to the op, " have you sold this fucker, if so change thread title or get a ban"
Fuck them. 3 days without responding to posts, checking in, or updating thread...GONE! Unless they specifically state 'please only email or text', GONE. Even then, that's lame.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have I not responded to one of you wanting to buy something of mine again? If this is about the collectable mountain bikes direct sticker and mint set pm me.