Forgive me for I own an XC hardtail

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
ain't nothing wrong with having a cross country bike, i've got an avanti barracuda - but its not road worthy - its fuct, wheels are like taco bell and the frame is dented in several places
yeh if i had extra cash i would definetly get a killer xc rig for fitness and riding to school

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Mavic X317's. Hey Rik, how come you didn't get the limited Ano Red 317's!!!
hmm, u could just hook the stickers off, put them on double sided tape and get the rims anadised.....then stick the stickers on....wow limited edition X317s...hmm no one would be none the wiser!

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
we just got a set of mavics back from the anadiser 2day, its black with machined sidewall that got anadised red, so its a black rim with red sidewall, were lacing it up with red alloy nipples black DT spokes and red binding, oh will that look sweet!,

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
125PHIL said:
we just got a set of mavics back from the anadiser 2day, its black with machined sidewall that got anadised red, so its a black rim with red sidewall, were lacing it up with red alloy nipples black DT spokes and red binding, oh will that look sweet!,
You gonna put on IRC red wall/blk tread tyres! lol Actually that might be over the top, but then again.... DO IT :lol:

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
well ur zaskar race seems pretty smick, we got like dozen of those frame when GT changed owners, now were down to two of them, seroiusly the most unreal frame, no GT frame is like it, the Zaskar team frame is exactly the same apart from the team blue and yellow coulours!
and as for the new zaskar frames...kinesis tubing is good but nothing beats eastern ultralite tubing!

we got a team colour Zaskar LE, with sids raceface next LP cranks, titanium b.b, spinergy XYcyclone wheelset avid brakes the works, sram 9.0, and its had like 10 grand worth of stuff put in it along with a full customised colour cordinated set up, and it looks like a full factory race bike, ill post some fotos of it, but it was featured in a mag a while ago as the lightest dewl disc hardtale bike around a shade over 8 kg i think... and its sick!

G

hmmm im not a dropper man cuz yes they does fucks up your knees but xc is cool aswell
i shall quote rex from toy story here
"I DONT LIKE CONFRONTATIONS"

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
We seemed to have sidetracked a bit here. Hey Rik, you should get some shots of your other bikes on your personal gallery. I like your taste in bikes

Rik

logged out
My camera makes fizzing noises when I insert batteries, so pics won't happen for a while yet :(

I'm building up my commuter MTB right now, it's an old DiamondBack with TrueTemper db cromo frame, 105 crankset, nothing special components wise, but it's a singlespeed (spent ages fiddling with the f'n tensionseeker, but now it works). What's interesting about this bike, is it's a metallic pinkish sorta colour, so I went out and bought bright pink Oury grips for it :lol: People will think I'm a fruit!

As for the idea of red ano rims and whatnot, nah, I'll pass on that :p The wheels came off a Merida that I stripped for parts (that's where alot of the bits came from), so I didn't get a choice in the colour of rims, forks or derailleurs, but right now I'm happy with the colour scheme. The black bars+stem look shmicko, especially with black wheels+black tyres.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pre 02 Zaskar owners of the world unite. I have the 01 Zaskar team and it is a vision of lovliness. The made in USA Zaskar is the best hardtail ever. Full team colours and full XTR, it doesn't get any better.
Love your machine.